So your new box is out of date already ?

Old September 5th 08, 09:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
johns

Default So your new box is out of date already ?

Just noticed the HP Pavilion has a 16:9 display
with BlueRay DVD. Sitting in the stores. And,
they are not having to lie about their 16:10
displays being 16:9s like everybody else is
doing. I just bought a Dell 24 inch 16:9. It was
the only one on the market being advertised
on the net ... and it really is a 16:9. Much
better than 2 monitors for side by side apps
on the screen. I think a 32 inch 16:9 would
be optimum for desktop work ... plus a little
cable TV and BlueRay tossed in for fun.
Watch out for the liars on the net. They are
going to have to dump the 16:10s fast.

johns
Old September 5th 08, 09:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

johns wrote:

Just noticed the HP Pavilion has a 16:9 display
with BlueRay DVD. Sitting in the stores. And,
they are not having to lie about their 16:10
displays being 16:9s like everybody else is
doing. I just bought a Dell 24 inch 16:9. It was
the only one on the market being advertised
on the net ... and it really is a 16:9. Much
better than 2 monitors for side by side apps
on the screen.

That's what I've been thinking, a wide screen might be better than
dual port triple monitors, until maybe they come out with concave
monitors.

--
The first big front wheel rollerblades.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423/
Old September 5th 08, 09:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

dual port triple monitors

Duel or triple...
Old September 5th 08, 10:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

John Doe wrote:

dual port triple monitors

Duel or triple...

Dual or triple...

Sorry, having a bad tongue day.

Old September 5th 08, 10:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
johns

Guarantee they already have them. It is just
a matter of building up the market and creating
demand. It took an act of Congress to get that
Dell to me, because Dell just did not want to
bother with the order of a 1 time thing on
a market test they were conducting. If they
don't want to sell it, they should not put
it on their web site. I got it anyway. The
Pavilion monitor looks really good. Both use
HDMI input ... but I am using DVI to HDMI
converters on nVidia 8600 GT cards. Works
fine. I have a triple monitor display up
witH 2 of them 46 inchers ( 16:9 ) and the
24 inch Dell ( 16:9 ), using an HDMI splitter
off one DVI port on the 8600 GT. The splitter
is powered, so there is no load on the DVI
port on the video card.

johns
Old September 5th 08, 11:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

What's wrong with 16:10 ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 6th 08, 05:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)

Skybuck Flying wrote:
What's wrong with 16:10 ?

What's wrong with 4:3? :P

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26.2
Old September 6th 08, 12:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
TVeblen

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
What's wrong with 16:10 ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

There would be no black bars on the top and bottom of the movie you are
watching in 16:9, which seems to bug some people a lot.

Old September 6th 08, 06:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

16:10 is bigger, and bigger is better

How often does one watch a movie on a pc ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 7th 08, 12:39 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Ian D

"TVeblen" wrote in message
. ..

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
What's wrong with 16:10 ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

There would be no black bars on the top and bottom of the movie you are
watching in 16:9, which seems to bug some people a lot.

A lot of movies are wider then 16:9, so there would still be black space
above and below the movie area. I have a 16:10 monitor and some films
occupy only half of the vertical space. It wouldn't be much different at
16:9.

Toner (best by date?) Joseph Printers 2 February 18th 07 06:28 PM
How display date ? DaveinOlyWa Homebuilt PC's 1 June 1st 04 11:10 PM
Is my comp out of date? Jeff Nvidia Videocards 22 May 7th 04 01:40 AM
Date for LTO 3? Steve Cousins Storage & Hardrives 0 April 1st 04 05:28 PM
Release date Mark H Gigabyte Motherboards 0 October 3rd 03 06:04 AM