USB driver for Win98 ?

Old April 3rd 08, 02:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jim Hawkins

Default USB driver for Win98 ?

Anyone know where to download one ?

Jim Hawkins

Old April 3rd 08, 04:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Win 98 is too old for USB.  Try Linux.

Old April 3rd 08, 06:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Eric P.[_2_]

Jim Hawkins wrote:
Anyone know where to download one ?

Jim Hawkins

I don't know about a single driver that covers all devices.
Normally the (Windows 98SE) driver is supplied with the device.
When you run the regular Windows 98 change to Windows 98SE or later.
I have several computers running Windows 98SE using USB without any problem.
Check before buying USB hardware it has a Windows 98SE driver.
Old April 3rd 08, 09:13 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
smlunatick

On Apr 3, 8:25*am, "Jim Hawkins" wrote:
Anyone know where to download one ?

Jim Hawkins

USB drivers for what printer???? Windows 98SE should already have the
USB 1.1 port drivers in it.

BTW: Windows 98 is not supported at all anymre!
Old April 4th 08, 02:42 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
TJ

Jim Hawkins wrote:
Anyone know where to download one ?

Jim Hawkins

It's getting tougher and tougher to find any drivers for Win98/98SE,
especially since Microsoft dropped all support for them. Try going to
www.driverguide.com and sign up as a member so you have access to all
services and fewer ads. Then try searching for the driver you need. If
your motherboard is newer than Windows 98 or SE, you'll need the driver
for the motherboard chipset, as well as the driver for the specific
device you want to use.

I was able to find a Windows 98SE driver for an HP Deskjet 5650 printer
there when I couldn't anywhere else. But as I said, become a member.
When I tried finding the 5650 driver without becoming a member, I was
presented with a download link after a series of ads. That link lead to
a now-empty file. As a member, I was presented with more links, one of
which still worked.

TJ
Old April 4th 08, 04:00 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

The real usb is usb2

Anything else is crap like w98

Stryker wrote:

Are you talking out your ass measekite? USB has been supported since win95 version C. Why are you throwing out bad information? Win98se has usb1.1 support but not usb 2.0 support. Question is... for what printer is the win98 driver for?

Old April 4th 08, 02:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Which version of Win 98, 98 or 98SE? 98SE has a USB driver available,
I'm less sure about straight 98.

What do you want to run off of the USB ports... you will probably need
additional drivers, for things like hard drives, USB thumb drives, card
readers, etc. Some are hard to come by. Also, are we speaking USB V1.1
or 2.0?

Art

Old April 4th 08, 03:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

A quick correction. Win 98 had 1.1 USB, it was early Win 95 that was
lacking it. By the 2nd or third version Win 95 had i.1 USB, but it was
not very stable (I had that OS on my system) That version wasn't even
available other than as an OEM version. It wasn't really until Win 98
that USB worked reasonably.

Art

Old April 5th 08, 12:10 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
tomcas

Frank wrote:
measekite wrote:

The real usb is usb2

Anything else is crap like w98

You're really stupid and know nothing at all about printers or USB.
USB 1.1 is just fine for printers cause all you're doing spooling the
info and that has nothing at all to do with the actual printing speed of
any printer.
USB 2.o will not in any way, shape or form, increase printing speed.
You're a real lying idiot loser.
Tell your mommy that you're a lying POS and have her wash your filthy
lying mouth out with soap...LOL!
Frank

You make an excellent point. The extra bandwidth of usb 2 is completely
wasted on printers because no printer exists that can print faster than
the data coming in.
Old April 7th 08, 09:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

....LOL has returned to the Linux ng.

But it appears that most of the posters have him plonked out.

But today
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez Baaaaaaaaaaaaaak

Frank wrote: measekite, a real idiot wrote:

...LOL is back with a new ISP.  Wonder Why.

Are you really that stupid?

But he brought his big stupid mouth with him.

I knew it would not last long.  There seems to be less of a response to ....LOL since most have him plonked.  Soon I will do that like I do in other ng but it is like playing with a dumb fish on the end of a line for a while.  A little fun and levity to see what the moron says next.

Tell me measher****head, how can you type with your fat pointy bald head shoved all the way up your stupid hairy ass, huh?...LOL!
Frank