Weird problem with wordpad?????

Old December 2nd 06, 12:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
James

Default Weird problem with wordpad?????

I posted this message in several Windows and XP groups, but
I cannot solve this problem. I really wish that I could figure it
out.

Yes, I know that few people use Wordpad. I also use MS Word and Word
Perfect, but I still have the habit of using Wordpad for simple tasks, and I
have used it for years.

I have a very weird problem, that I assume has a simple fix. At times,
when I am in a long document which I have amended from week to week, there
are certain places within the document that I cannot single space. No
matter what I do, I can only get the "next" line to appear "two" lines
down, as though the document is a double-spaced document. In other words, I
am **forced** to have the document double-spaced.

Actually, the spacing "looks" more like 1 1/2 spacing. It is not quite
double
spacing.

I can go to another page, or another point on the same page, and single
space with no problems.

I assume that I have accidentally put some kind of a "code" in my text,
without knowing how I did it, or how to get rid of it.

Do any of you have a fix for this ????

I will really, really appreciate it if someone can cure this problem for me
!!!

Thanks for any help !!!

--James--

Old December 2nd 06, 12:50 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Notan

James wrote:

[...]

What font are you using?

Notan
Old December 2nd 06, 01:00 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
James

Notan, I am using Times New Roman, usually size 22.

Can you help me with this ?

--James--

Old December 2nd 06, 01:07 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"James" wrote in message
Notan, I am using Times New Roman, usually size 22.

Can you help me with this ?

--James--

Does wordpad sense and automatically drop a page break into the format? I'm
asking because I've not used it for any long documents since dirt.

?

Old December 2nd 06, 01:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
James

I believe that it does, but that is not the problem. At times, it will do
this on a
single page document.

Old December 2nd 06, 01:43 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Notan

James wrote:

Notan, I am using Times New Roman, usually size 22.

Can you help me with this ?

snip

Have you tried a different and/or smaller font?

Notan
Old December 2nd 06, 02:26 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
James

Notan, I have not tried a different or smaller font, but I will try that.

--James--

Old December 2nd 06, 02:32 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
James

Notan, I used the same document, and changed the font size first. No help.
Then , I changed the font type. No help. Once the document is created
that has the "bug," I cannot get single spacing, no matter what I do. If
you try to put the cursor at the beginning of the line where it would become
a single-spaced line, it will not go there. It drops down to a point where
it makes a 1 1/2 space (not as much spacing as double space).

--James--

Old December 2nd 06, 02:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Colin Wilson

I have a very weird problem, that I assume has a simple fix. At times,
when I am in a long document which I have amended from week to week, there
are certain places within the document that I cannot single space. No
matter what I do, I can only get the "next" line to appear "two" lines
down, as though the document is a double-spaced document. In other words, I
am **forced** to have the document double-spaced.

OK, this might be a slightly messy answer, but it might sort the problem
out if its an embedded font encoding issue...

Copy the entire document to the clipboard, and paste it into something
that uses plain text, such as Notepad or EditpadLite - copy a small
amount of text to ensure it "loses" all the font encoding from the
clipboard, then re-copy the entire doc from the plain text editor.

Paste this back into a *new* document in Wordpad, and see if you still
have the same problem (I suspect this will resolve it though)
Old December 2nd 06, 03:45 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
James

Colin, that fixed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you VERY much !!!!!

--James--