Graphics Card is not working right

Old April 7th 06, 02:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Graphics Card is not working right

I need help bad!!! I just bought a new ATI Radeon 9250
from Diamond Stealth. It has a 256 mb memory. My computer components
consist of AMD athlon 3500+ 1Gb memory 250Gb hardrive. Before I
bought this graphics card, my computer and motherboard came with
intregrated graphics which is an ATI Xpress 200. When I play CS :
1.6, it work perfectly where my fps is 100.00. But I bought this
graphics card because I wanted to play BF2. Then when I installed
this graphics card, my FPS in CS : 1.6 was in the 40's and 50's and
this is a better graphics card then my intregated graphics. When I
load up BF2 to where it says login to play online, for some reason,
the screens keeps changing from a blank screen to a regular screen
with the login menu and it keeps doing it 3 times then my screen just
turns blank with the BF2 big mouse still moving. SO PLEASE HELP ME
WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E-MAIL ME
or IM me on AIM lilvieton952.----------- I
PREFERE U IM ME!! PLEASE HELP!

Old April 7th 06, 04:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"lilbon03" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Disable ONBOARD graphics in the mainboard's BIOS. Then uninstall ALL video
drivers, and reinstall only the latest video drivers for the 9250,
downloaded from Diamond's web site or directly from ATI. Good luck, -Dave

Old April 7th 06, 05:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

The only place where I think I find my ONBOARD video is
when my computer boots up, click F1 to enter setup, then go to
adavance and it says video adapter and switch it from onboard video
to PCI right? Then when I install the video card, it tells me to
click run and type in this one thing and i do and my PCI card is
working. But there is a regular ATI PCI card then it says secondary
one of the same PCI Card and I do not get that. Please Help
Me!!!!!

Old April 7th 06, 06:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Mike T." wrote in message
reenews.net...

"lilbon03" wrote in message
. ..
The only place where I think I find my ONBOARD video is
when my computer boots up, click F1 to enter setup, then go to
adavance and it says video adapter and switch it from onboard video
to PCI right? Then when I install the video card, it tells me to
click run and type in this one thing and i do and my PCI card is
working. But there is a regular ATI PCI card then it says secondary
one of the same PCI Card and I do not get that. Please Help
Me!!!!!

It's possible that your ONE video card is showing up as two. I've got an
ATI Radeon PCI-Express something or other in my workstation, a low-end
model. It shows up as two video cards in device manager, a primary and a
secondary. It works fine that way. There is no problem.

primary and secondary "monitors' would be normal but 2 adapters in Display
adapters, i would not say this is normal.

My dual-core processor computer at home shows two CPUs in device manager,
also, though only ONE CPU is installed on the mainboard. This is not a
problem. You know that there is only one video card installed, so ignore
where it says there is a secondary installed. That is the same card, it

is
just emulating a second card. There is nothing to fix, it is correctly
installed and recognized by windows. -Dave

Old April 7th 06, 06:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

I take that back...while gandering at an ATI 9600 aiw install. It does in
fact show 2 monitors AND 2 adapters,
didn't notice this on a rig sporting a 7500 AIW with an older driver.

"JAD" wrote in message

"Mike T." wrote in message
reenews.net...

. ..

Old April 7th 06, 10:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

JAD wrote:
I take that back...while gandering at an ATI 9600 aiw install. It
does in fact show 2 monitors AND 2 adapters,
didn't notice this on a rig sporting a 7500 AIW with an older driver.

nice recovery

i almost wanted to ask you if that was your final answer!

--
sbb78247

Speak the truth and leave shortly there after.