How to make it faster?

Old July 8th 05, 08:24 AM
Veritech

my apologies pete

you free this saturday, i've been wanting to play battlefield 2 in all its
glory
"pete" wrote in message
Hey guys!
not just talk or a troll thank you.

I use Cad software for a living, (see I did not mention the name, so not
trolling), and if you wish to get an email showing the invoice, I will
gladly send it to you, (so just not talk).

As I was saying, I use cad software, but I also play games on line (Burn
baby! should give a clue without mentioning the name, still not trolling).

I am not some kid boasting , I am 44, !
Yes it is a great system, that is why I brought it, but so are F1 cars,
and they are always trying to make them better and faster.

Every PC I have brought so far, has never been fast enough for the latest
cad or games software to run at full specs, just look at cad work-stations
going for £5000 +.
Mine comes nowhere near that pricing.

So the questions genuine.

"SteveH" wrote in message
. uk...
"Cuzman" wrote in message
Veritech wrote:

" My only question is are you sure about the *fx3400" cause i've never
heard of desktop GFx card called that. Check again. "

The Quadro FX3400 is a workstation card.
http://www.nvidia.com/page/quadrofx.html

With posts like this, you aren't sure whether the OP is trolling or not.
Sure, games that use a single processor will be faster with an FX57, but
only until they bring out more games that utilise dual-core, or release
patches for existing ones. This argument though is futile, as, if your
main aim is gaming, you wouldn't buy a Quadro 3400.

IMO the OP is a bit of a cheapskate for not getting an A8N-SLI Premium,
more hard drives, and some fluffy dice to hang on his monitor.

I think its just talk..

SteveH

Old July 8th 05, 08:25 AM
Veritech

thought as much thats why i said "desktop card"

i didn't realize petes line of work, so the choice looked werid

Old July 8th 05, 08:27 AM
Veritech

whats more important to ya work or play
or in translated
3400 or 7800

If your like most people its work, most people that have bills to pay at
least.
"pete" wrote in message
Hey guys!
not just talk or a troll thank you.

I use Cad software for a living, (see I did not mention the name, so not
trolling), and if you wish to get an email showing the invoice, I will
gladly send it to you, (so just not talk).

As I was saying, I use cad software, but I also play games on line (Burn
baby! should give a clue without mentioning the name, still not trolling).

I am not some kid boasting , I am 44, !
Yes it is a great system, that is why I brought it, but so are F1 cars,
and they are always trying to make them better and faster.

Every PC I have brought so far, has never been fast enough for the latest
cad or games software to run at full specs, just look at cad work-stations
going for £5000 +.
Mine comes nowhere near that pricing.

So the questions genuine.

"SteveH" wrote in message
. uk...

Old July 8th 05, 09:10 AM
kony

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 07:10:50 +0100, "pete"
wrote:

Hey guys!
not just talk or a troll thank you.

I use Cad software for a living, (see I did not mention the name, so not
trolling), and if you wish to get an email showing the invoice, I will
gladly send it to you, (so just not talk).

As I was saying, I use cad software, but I also play games on line (Burn
baby! should give a clue without mentioning the name, still not trolling).

I am not some kid boasting , I am 44, !
Yes it is a great system, that is why I brought it, but so are F1 cars, and
they are always trying to make them better and faster.

Every PC I have brought so far, has never been fast enough for the latest
cad or games software to run at full specs, just look at cad work-stations
going for £5000 +.
Mine comes nowhere near that pricing.

So the questions genuine.

The system may benefit from another hard drive. I mean, in
addition to the one already listed. Division of workspace,
temp files, apps and OS files in whatever logically suits
the task will improve performance. Some find a WD Raptor a
good candidate for running the OS.
Old July 8th 05, 03:51 PM
pete

Thanks veritech, but my system does not arrive until the 25th this month :-(
Also it's not that game I play, it's UT 2004, lol
Apologies gracefully accepted, lol

"pete" wrote in message
Hey guys!
not just talk or a troll thank you.

I use Cad software for a living, (see I did not mention the name, so not
trolling), and if you wish to get an email showing the invoice, I will
gladly send it to you, (so just not talk).

As I was saying, I use cad software, but I also play games on line (Burn
baby! should give a clue without mentioning the name, still not
trolling).

I am not some kid boasting , I am 44, !
Yes it is a great system, that is why I brought it, but so are F1 cars,
and they are always trying to make them better and faster.

Every PC I have brought so far, has never been fast enough for the latest
cad or games software to run at full specs, just look at cad
work-stations going for £5000 +.
Mine comes nowhere near that pricing.

So the questions genuine.

"SteveH" wrote in message
. uk...

Old July 8th 05, 03:56 PM
pete

Both, lol, now here is a neat question!
As the motherboard has 2 PciE slots and can be used for SLI, can I have a
FX3400 in one slot and the GF7800 in the other, I am not talking about SLI
in this case.
Then would it be possible to select each Graphic card for each program?
Ie the 3400 for cad and the 7800 for UT2004 ?

"pete" wrote in message
Hey guys!
not just talk or a troll thank you.

I use Cad software for a living, (see I did not mention the name, so not
trolling), and if you wish to get an email showing the invoice, I will
gladly send it to you, (so just not talk).

As I was saying, I use cad software, but I also play games on line (Burn
baby! should give a clue without mentioning the name, still not
trolling).

I am not some kid boasting , I am 44, !
Yes it is a great system, that is why I brought it, but so are F1 cars,
and they are always trying to make them better and faster.

Every PC I have brought so far, has never been fast enough for the latest
cad or games software to run at full specs, just look at cad
work-stations going for £5000 +.
Mine comes nowhere near that pricing.

So the questions genuine.

"SteveH" wrote in message
. uk...

Old July 8th 05, 04:26 PM
Cuzman

pete wrote:

" Then would it be possible to select each Graphic card for each
program? Ie the 3400 for cad and the 7800 for UT2004 ? "

No.

Old July 8th 05, 04:56 PM
pete

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index....pid;1116437436

This seems to differ from your answer, or did I read it wrong?

Old July 8th 05, 05:05 PM
Pen

Where in your URL does it say anything about using the monitors
separately? I can't see it.

Old July 8th 05, 05:54 PM
Cuzman

pete wrote:

" This seems to differ from your answer, or did I read it wrong? "

You read it wrong. Any configuration of two video cards requires that
they have identical GPUs. You cannot successfully use a Quadro FX3400
and a 7800GTX in the two PCI-E slots.