Epox Mobos?

Old April 5th 06, 11:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Epox Mobos?

My current self-built system has an Epox Mobo (from 2002), and because
it's been good to me, I was planning to use an Epox in a custom-built
system for a client. However, I've found that none of the retail chains
(CompUSA, Microcenter, Fry's, &c.) carry Epox Mobos anymore. Why not?
Are they no longer consiered high quality? Should I go instead for an
ASUS or other brand? I am planning to build an AMD CPU-based mainstream
PC for clients who may want to use Photoshop for digital photography,
but otherwise are "Word-and-Email-only" users.

Also, any opinions on which chipset is best, VIA or nForce, and which
BIOS is superior, Award or AMI?

Thanks ahead.

--
Dave
Old April 6th 06, 03:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:33:49 GMT, Dave Hardenbrook
wrote:

My current self-built system has an Epox Mobo (from 2002), and because
it's been good to me, I was planning to use an Epox in a custom-built
system for a client. However, I've found that none of the retail chains
(CompUSA, Microcenter, Fry's, &c.) carry Epox Mobos anymore. Why not?
Are they no longer consiered high quality? Should I go instead for an
ASUS or other brand? I am planning to build an AMD CPU-based mainstream
PC for clients who may want to use Photoshop for digital photography,
but otherwise are "Word-and-Email-only" users.

Have you ever known chains to carry anything that wasn't either the
most popular or cheapest; that's why. I'm typing on an Epox
ep9npa+ultra and it has been cranking it out since December, thank you
very much.