Comparison of Intel motherboards

Old May 3rd 04, 04:29 AM
Aloke Prasad

Default Comparison of Intel motherboards

I am considering one of the following D875PBZ, D865GRH, D865PERL, D865GBF,
D865GLC for my 2nd PC. The first one has D875PBZ, so I am very familiar
with that.

Any opinion on the others? On-board firewire will be nice, and I'll
probably get an ATI Radeon graphics card (to be able to stream video from my
current PC with 9800 All-in Wonder to this new PC).

What is "Prescott ready" and "Extreme Edition CPU"?
--
Aloke
----

Old May 3rd 04, 12:41 PM
Ken

On Mon, 03 May 2004 03:29:05 GMT, "Aloke Prasad"
wrote:

What is "Prescott ready" and "Extreme Edition CPU"?

More power capability to the CPU.

Old May 3rd 04, 05:17 PM
Bob Bailin

"Aloke Prasad" wrote in message
I am considering one of the following D875PBZ, D865GRH, D865PERL, D865GBF,
D865GLC for my 2nd PC. The first one has D875PBZ, so I am very familiar
with that.

Any opinion on the others? On-board firewire will be nice, and I'll
probably get an ATI Radeon graphics card (to be able to stream video from my
current PC with 9800 All-in Wonder to this new PC).

What is "Prescott ready" and "Extreme Edition CPU"?

If you're going to be using your own graphics card, you don't need any of the
D865G* motherboards. The D865PERL is very capable, Prescott-ready
(handles the newer 90nm P4's), has onboard firewire, and is a little less
expensive than the D875PBZ.

Bob

Old May 7th 04, 01:55 PM
Aloke Prasad

wrote:

What is "Prescott ready" and "Extreme Edition CPU"?

More power capability to the CPU.

Can D875PBZ handle these CPU's? It is the top Intel desktop board ...

--
Aloke
----

Old May 7th 04, 07:06 PM
Stuart

Some can and some can not; it depends on the board revision.
See:
http://developer.intel.com/design/mo...bz/bz_proc.htm
for details.

"Aloke Prasad" wrote in message =
=20
wrote:

What is "Prescott ready" and "Extreme Edition CPU"?

More power capability to the CPU.

=20
Can D875PBZ handle these CPU's? It is the top Intel desktop board ...
=20
--=20
Aloke
----

Old May 7th 04, 11:14 PM
Post Replies Here Please

Yes be careful some companies don't give the board revisions, and this
can be confusing. Buyer beware.

Good luck

"Stuart" == Stuart writes:

Stuart Some can and some can not; it depends on the board revision.
Stuart See:
Stuart http://developer.intel.com/design/mo...bz/bz_proc.htm for
Stuart details.

Stuart "Aloke Prasad" wrote in