Canon Pixmar MG3620 installation problems.

Old October 1st 16, 09:47 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
NotMe

Default Canon Pixmar MG3620 installation problems.

I have Window XP legacy computer the provided CD & instructions don't work.
I have a Mac Book pro (latest software). On line install does not work for
either platform.

System error message "NETWORK PROBLEM but no details on what the nature of
the network problems might be.

I tried three separate ISPs no joy.

Canon support give nothing more than cut and past boiler plate solutions.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Old October 3rd 16, 03:43 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug[_4_]

"NotMe" writes:

I have Window XP legacy computer the provided CD & instructions don't work.
I have a Mac Book pro (latest software). On line install does not work for
either platform.

System error message "NETWORK PROBLEM but no details on what the nature of
the network problems might be.
I tried three separate ISPs no joy.

What kind of network setup were you aiming to do? Cable or WiFi?
Canon is well-known for problems with WiFi setup.
On the other hand, you could just do a simple USB connection setup, end
of problem.

--
NNTP on Emacs 24.5 from Windows 7
Old October 3rd 16, 04:17 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
NotMe

"Gernot Hassenpflug" wrote in message
"NotMe" writes:

I have Window XP legacy computer the provided CD & instructions don't
work.
I have a Mac Book pro (latest software). On line install does not work
for
either platform.

System error message "NETWORK PROBLEM but no details on what the nature
of
the network problems might be.
I tried three separate ISPs no joy.

What kind of network setup were you aiming to do? Cable or WiFi?
Canon is well-known for problems with WiFi setup.
On the other hand, you could just do a simple USB connection setup, end
of problem.

Thanks very much for the responce.

At Canon's tech support's advice tried both. NO JOY.

Old October 3rd 16, 11:58 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug[_4_]

"NotMe" writes:

I have Window XP legacy computer the provided CD & instructions don't
work.
I have a Mac Book pro (latest software). On line install does not work
for
either platform.

System error message "NETWORK PROBLEM but no details on what the nature
of
the network problems might be.
I tried three separate ISPs no joy.

What kind of network setup were you aiming to do? Cable or WiFi?
Canon is well-known for problems with WiFi setup.
On the other hand, you could just do a simple USB connection setup, end
of problem.

Thanks very much for the responce.

At Canon's tech support's advice tried both. NO JOY.

Canon's tech support is unlikely to help you with setup specific to your
computer, WiFi router and network. For that I suspect you need to do
Google searches to find out what settings you need on your router and
printer to let the two communicate.
For this group, you'll need to explain in detail what your system setup
is, what you have tried, what Canon advised and did not work, etc.

But first of all, to see if the printer works, you should set it up with
USB. After all, if the USB connection printing does not work then you
should just get it exchanged before the no-questions-asked return policy expires.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug
--
NNTP on Emacs 24.5 from Windows 7
Old October 4th 16, 12:19 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
NotMe

"NotMe" writes:

[...]

I think you may have hit on the problem and possible solution. Printer does
not work in any mode including USB. So I'll call canon again tomorrow and
see how the exchange option works.

Thanks

Old October 5th 16, 08:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
NotMe

"NotMe" writes:

[...]

Partial responce. Seems the canon web site and provided install CD provides
only (in the case of XP) a 64 bit application and not a 32 bit application.
A lot of searching I finally found the XP 32 bit app which installed ok.

Problem now is the Mac apps install and making the XP32 work on wifi.

Old October 11th 16, 07:41 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug[_4_]

"NotMe" writes:

[...]

Thanks for the report back, and good luck!
--
NNTP on Emacs 24.5 from Windows 7