refilling hp61 tricolor

Old August 28th 14, 04:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
JohnF[_5_]

Default refilling hp61 tricolor

Just got an hp envy 4500 (from Staples), and ebay'ed
hp61 refill kits from seller: cartridgepool.
Contradictory info about refill holes from the printed
instructions that come along with their kits, and from
http://www.printerfillingstation.com...ons/HP/H47.htm
for tricolor cartridge, as follows...
***printed info*** ***above url***
O --yellow magenta-- O
O O yellow-- O O --cyan
magenta-- O O --cyan O O
Can anybody clear that up? Thanks,
--
John Forkosh ( mailto: where j=john and f=forkosh )
Old August 28th 14, 04:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
JohnF[_5_]

JohnF wrote:
Just got an hp envy 4500 (from Staples), and ebay'ed
hp61 refill kits from seller: cartridgepool.
Contradictory info about refill holes from the printed
instructions that come along with their kits, and from
http://www.printerfillingstation.com...ons/HP/H47.htm
for tricolor cartridge, as follows...
***printed info*** ***above url***
O --yellow magenta-- O
O O yellow-- O O --cyan
magenta-- O O --cyan O O
Can anybody clear that up? Thanks,

Sorry for following myself up,
but now I found a third opinion at
http://www.secure.datatekusa.com/ins...HP61v3.doc.pdf
***datatekusa***
magenta-- O
O O
yellow-- O O --cyan
Almost the same as "printerfillingstation" above,
but using the bottom two holes instead of middle holes.

By the way, I also found instructions at
http://www.inksupply.com/instruction...ions_HP_61.pdf
and these agree with the "printed info" diagram above.
Color me confused.
--
John Forkosh ( mailto: where j=john and f=forkosh )
Old August 28th 14, 01:06 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
JohnF[_5_]

Charlie+ wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 03:31:28 +0000 (UTC), JohnF
wrote as underneath :

JohnF wrote:
[...]

If I were doing this with conflicting information - I would first put an
ordinary clean sewing needle into the foam etc and believe only the
colour that comes back out on that! Sometimes if the foam is dry you
cant see until you wipe the needle on a white tissue... C+

Thanks, Charlie. I did exactly as you suggested.
Had to put the needle in backwards, with eye-end down and
a piece of thread through the eye. The needle alone came
out clean, as far as I could see, but attached thread clearly
showed the colors. Fyi, printed instructions were correct.
--
John Forkosh ( mailto: where j=john and f=forkosh )

Refilling HP 45 and 78 Richard Steinfeld[_2_] Printers 6 September 12th 09 01:19 PM
Refilling HP ink cartridge #14 [email protected] Printers 4 April 7th 06 09:18 PM
Refilling hp 51626a Joseph Sroka - 10.2.8 Printers 0 November 16th 04 08:05 AM
Inking a Tricolor #57 Dave C. Printers 7 April 23rd 04 11:00 PM
Refilling HP #56 & #57 JLynn Printers 1 October 6th 03 11:45 AM