Problem Starting New H-P 8250 PHotosmart

Old June 15th 14, 05:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Default Problem Starting New H-P 8250 PHotosmart

Hi,
Running Windows, I have been using H-P 8250 printers for years,as
their 6 ink cartridge setup gives me beautiful colors in photographs. I
just tried to use a brand new boxed 8250 which I kept in reserve for a
year or so. I get an error message on its screen:
"Wrong cartridges installed. Use the introductory cartridges that were
shipped with your printer." Inasmuch as this was an open box item, the
seller apparently included standard H-P cartridges, not the introductory
type.

The printer will not print, but keeps on displaying the error message. I
called H-P support per telephone,but they were less than helpful, just
spouting generalized platitudes. They tried very hard to sell me a new
printer, which I do not want.

Does anyone know how I can get this computer to work? I would greatly
appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Mort Linder
Old June 16th 14, 01:37 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Mort"

Hi,
[...]

Install new carts or even swap the carts out of the other unit and install
them in this alternate printer.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old June 16th 14, 03:19 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

From: "Mort"

Hi,
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion. I did exactly that already,and it does not
work. The H-P web site has a statement that new printer ships with
introductory cartridges which allegedly have a special ink mixture for
starting a new machine. Frankly, I wonder if it is a security gimmick.

Their telephone tech support guy talked in circles, did not answer my
question of how to fix it or how to purchase a set of introductory inks.
His main thrust was to sell me a new H-P printer, which is ridiculous
for many reasons.

So I have a brand new printer which refusues to work, and NO support at
all from H-P. How the mighty have fallen.

Thanks again.

Mort
Old June 16th 14, 11:20 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxv-pTQWu6g

Old June 16th 14, 11:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Update: HP no longer makes introductory inks for my brand new 8250
printer,and they told me that therefore it will never work. I paid for a
new printer, which is now an expensive ornament. They said that there is
no workaround or fix to start this brand new printer working.

They deserve to go bankrupt,and quickly, for such shabby and cavalier
treatment of a loyal customer who has spent many hundreds of dollars on
their inks and photo papers.

I am disgusted.

Mort Linder

Old June 17th 14, 02:18 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

David H. Lipman wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxv-pTQWu6g

Hi,

Thanks for the funny yet appropriate video of a soldier shooting his HP
printer.

To rub salt into the wound, so to speak, another HP tech support person
offered me a "great deal" on a different model HP printer. Everything
sounded OK, until at the last moment, as an afterthought, she mentioned
that it will be a reconditioned printer. So, they want to sell me a USED
printer at a higher price than I would have to pay for a brand new one.
In the meantime, my brand new HP 8250 sits forlornly in my study, being
doomed to never print at all.

What kind of a company has HP turned into?

Mort Linder
Old June 18th 14, 03:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Charlie+ wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:25:39 -0400, Mort wrote as
underneath :

Further update:

So far, 2 HP tech support people told me that they DO make starter inks
for my 8250 printer, while 3 HP tech support people told me that they
definitely DO NOT make them any more. I asked the last (negative) HP
person if that means that my brand new HP $250.- printer will never
print at all, and must be thrown out with the trash. He replied : yes, I
guess so, because we can't fix it.

I suspect that Epson or Canon will be helping me to print my pictures
very soon.

Mort Linder
Update: HP no longer makes introductory inks for my brand new 8250
printer,and they told me that therefore it will never work. I paid for a
new printer, which is now an expensive ornament. They said that there is
no workaround or fix to start this brand new printer working.

They deserve to go bankrupt,and quickly, for such shabby and cavalier
treatment of a loyal customer who has spent many hundreds of dollars on
their inks and photo papers.

I am disgusted.

Mort Linder
mena sthat my $250.- brand new porinter ha sto be thrown away with the garbafe,a ndhe replied yes.

From: "Mort"

Hi,
[...]

This is a really awful and another shameful for HP saga - thanks for
sharing it, its not a trick I was aware of or would have dreamed of!
I swore not to buy anything from HP ever again when they were selling
printers in the early days just up to a new Windows version appearing
and then didnt provide updated drivers! Gone with Canon ever since. But
I suppose all the firms have slinky tricks now of one sort or another!
C+

Old July 4th 14, 02:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Mort wrote:
Charlie+ wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:25:39 -0400, Mort wrote as
Hi,

H-P just sent me an on-line questionnaire, detailing how satisfied I am
with their support. I suspect that they will not be pleased with my
reply, just as I am not pleased with my brand new $250.- HP 8250
printer that cannot print and never will, due to their weird and
annoying company policy.

Mort Linder

Old July 4th 14, 08:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Charlie+ wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 21:33:21 -0400, Mort wrote as
underneath :

Mort wrote:
Charlie+ wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:25:39 -0400, Mort wrote as
Hi,

H-P just sent me an on-line questionnaire, detailing how satisfied I am
with their support. I suspect that they will not be pleased with my
reply, just as I am not pleased with my brand new $250.- HP 8250
printer that cannot print and never will, due to their weird and
annoying company policy.

Mort Linder

snip
Do you have equivalent legislation to our UK "Not fit for purpose"
argument that you might get to help, even tho you didnt buy retail? C+

Hi,

I do not know the details of "lemon laws" here regarding things other
than automobiles, but hiring an attorney for this would cost me much
more than the price of the printer.

Mort Linder
Old July 5th 14, 11:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Charlie+ wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 15:16:55 -0400, Mort wrote as
underneath :

Mort wrote:
Charlie+ wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:25:39 -0400, Mort wrote as
Hi,

H-P just sent me an on-line questionnaire, detailing how satisfied I am
with their support. I suspect that they will not be pleased with my
reply, just as I am not pleased with my brand new $250.- HP 8250
printer that cannot print and never will, due to their weird and
annoying company policy.

Mort Linder

snip
Do you have equivalent legislation to our UK "Not fit for purpose"
argument that you might get to help, even tho you didnt buy retail? C+

Hi,

I do not know the details of "lemon laws" here regarding things other
than automobiles, but hiring an attorney for this would cost me much
more than the price of the printer.

Mort Linder

We also have "small claims court" which allows you to persue them in
person, but Im not saying it would be easy or without effort!!! C+

Hi,

I have some experience with small claims court, but it is almost always
disappointing. It involves a 2-stage process. First, you hope to get a
positive ruling by a judge. After that, if the person or company does
not reimburse or pay you, you have to go to the local sheriff, fill out
forms, and pay him a fee. Then he gets someone to serve papers on the
opponent. Even then, they often refuse to pay. Unless it is a matter of
thousands of dollars, it just is not worth the effort and concern to
even start with small claims court. So, you usually walk away,and hope
that it does not happen again.

Thanks for your comment,

Mort