usb connectors from a motherboard?

Old December 9th 10, 12:15 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
shultzjr

Default usb connectors from a motherboard?

I have a DP55WG intel motherboard with 2 9pin male connecters on it,
one row of 5 pins and another row of four pins. the case has 2 usb
ports out the front. inside there are two sets of 4 wires each one
set has an A and the other set has a B. how do I connect each 4 wire
set to each 9 pin usb connecter on the motherboard?
thanks,
charles.....
Old December 9th 10, 01:27 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
ED

"shultzjr" wrote in message
I have a DP55WG intel motherboard with 2 9pin male connecters on it,
one row of 5 pins and another row of four pins. the case has 2 usb
ports out the front. inside there are two sets of 4 wires each one
set has an A and the other set has a B. how do I connect each 4 wire
set to each 9 pin usb connecter on the motherboard?
thanks,
charles.....

See he
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/1813...03_English.pdf

Old December 9th 10, 04:14 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Intel Guy

shultzjr wrote:

(...)

Speaking of USB motherboard connectors, I've seen all sorts of
accessories for computers (various cables, fans, connectors and gadgets
for use inside the computer) but I've never seen anything as simple as a
3.5" drive-bay bezel with several USB ports that are wired to cables
that plug into the motherboard's 10-pin USB connectors. No electronics
required, just a simple way to all front-panel USB connectors to any
standard PC case. No need to buy one of those 10-in-1 card reader
things that if your lucky will have just a single front-accessible USB
port.
Old December 9th 10, 06:47 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Robert Myers

On Dec 9, 11:14*am, Intel Guy wrote:
shultzjr wrote:

(...)

Speaking of USB motherboard connectors, *I've seen all sorts of
accessories for computers (various cables, fans, connectors and gadgets
for use inside the computer) but I've never seen anything as simple as a
3.5" drive-bay bezel with several USB ports that are wired to cables
that plug into the motherboard's 10-pin USB connectors. *No electronics
required, just a simple way to all front-panel USB connectors to any
standard PC case. *No need to buy one of those 10-in-1 card reader
things that if your lucky will have just a single front-accessible USB
port.

You mean like this?

http://www.antarespro.com/1618961-it...d314d3 09d308

google = usb + front + panel + port + adapter

Robert.
Old December 10th 10, 04:12 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Yousuf Khan

On 12/9/2010 1:47 PM, Robert Myers wrote:
You mean like this?

http://www.antarespro.com/1618961-it...d314d3 09d308

google = usb + front + panel + port + adapter

Robert.

Good catch!

Yousuf Khan
Old December 11th 10, 02:49 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Intel Guy

Robert Myers wrote:
I've never seen anything as simple as a 3.5" drive-bay bezel
with several USB ports that are wired to cables that plug
into the motherboard's 10-pin USB connectors.

You mean like this?

35BAYPANELBK Data Transfer Cable Adapter - StarTech.com
3.5" Multi Port Panel for Front Drive Bay with eSATA Type A
Female USB, eSATA Female, Female FireWire, Female Audio Black

That's good.

Now is there one that has just USB ports? Say, 2 or maybe 4 ports?

For $4.99 to (max) $9.99?
Old December 11th 10, 04:55 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Robert Myers

On Dec 10, 9:49*pm, Intel Guy wrote:
Robert Myers wrote:
I've never seen anything as simple as a 3.5" drive-bay bezel
with several USB ports that are wired to cables that plug
into the motherboard's 10-pin USB connectors.

You mean like this?
35BAYPANELBK Data Transfer Cable Adapter - StarTech.com
3.5" Multi Port Panel for Front Drive Bay with eSATA Type A
Female USB, eSATA Female, Female FireWire, Female Audio Black

That's good.

Now is there one that has just USB ports? *Say, 2 or maybe 4 ports?

For $4.99 to (max) $9.99?

http://w1mx.mit.edu/flea-at-mit

Robert.