v9.5 Catalyst driver broke its profiles?

Old May 21st 09, 11:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

Default v9.5 Catalyst driver broke its profiles?

Hello!

I just upgraded/overinstalled my v9.4 to v9.5 for Catalyst driver with
its CCC, HDMI audio, and xcode. I noticed my Audigy 2 ZS sound stopped
working because HDMI audio took over (never had that happened before). I
rebooted and got my SB Audigy 2 ZS audio back. However, I noticed my
CCC's profiles don't work anymore. Changing does nothing (no errors). I
even tried removing old and remaking them. Same problem. I also noticed
I couldn't manually adjust my three displays (VGA or DVI for LCD monitor
and CRT TV) until I pressed auto-detect (never had to do that before). I
can change display options and stuff, but profiles still don't work.

Is anyone else having these problem too? It seems v9.5 is buggy (to me).
I am using an updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 and a MSI R4870-T2D512 OC
Radeon HD 4870 512 MB video card.

Thank you in advance.
--
"Your parents were killed by ants?" --Idle Hands movie
/\___/\
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or

Old May 21st 09, 11:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

ACEEVentLog only if i try to change profiles in CCC GUI (no logs are
recorded via system tray icon though):

5/21/2009 2:57:19 PM ACEEventLogSource Information None 0 N/A MYBOX
0000000127: 2009-05-21 14:57:19:765 GetCcaaComposition: caste not found.
Error Called by:
ATI.ACE.APM.Server.ProfileManager::GetCcaaComposit ion
processID:03204
threadIDCCCThreadNewashboard) domainNameccc.exe
) assemblyNameAPM.Server, Version=2.0.3405.36823, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

5/21/2009 2:57:19 PM ACEEventLogSource Information None 0 N/A MYBOX
0000000126: 2009-05-21 14:57:19:750 GetCcaaComposition: caste not found.
Error Called by:
ATI.ACE.APM.Server.ProfileManager::GetCcaaComposit ion
processID:03204
threadIDCCCThreadNewashboard) domainNameccc.exe
) assemblyNameAPM.Server, Version=2.0.3405.36823, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

5/21/2009 2:57:12 PM ACEEventLogSource Information None 0 N/A MYBOX
0000000125: 2009-05-21 14:57:12:093 GetCcaaComposition: caste not found.
Error Called by:
ATI.ACE.APM.Server.ProfileManager::GetCcaaComposit ion
processID:03204
threadIDCCCThreadNewashboard) domainNameccc.exe
) assemblyNameAPM.Server, Version=2.0.3405.36823, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

5/21/2009 2:57:12 PM ACEEventLogSource Information None 0 N/A MYBOX
0000000124: 2009-05-21 14:57:12:093 GetCcaaComposition: caste not found.
Error Called by:
ATI.ACE.APM.Server.ProfileManager::GetCcaaComposit ion
processID:03204
threadIDCCCThreadNewashboard) domainNameccc.exe
) assemblyNameAPM.Server, Version=2.0.3405.36823, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

5/21/2009 2:57:07 PM ACEEventLogSource Information None 0 N/A MYBOX
0000000123: 2009-05-21 14:57:07:015 GetCcaaComposition: caste not found.
Error Called by:
ATI.ACE.APM.Server.ProfileManager::GetCcaaComposit ion
processID:03204
threadIDCCCThreadNewashboard) domainNameccc.exe
) assemblyNameAPM.Server, Version=2.0.3405.36823, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

5/21/2009 2:57:07 PM ACEEventLogSource Information None 0 N/A MYBOX
0000000122: 2009-05-21 14:57:07:015 GetCcaaComposition: caste not found.
Error Called by:
ATI.ACE.APM.Server.ProfileManager::GetCcaaComposit ion
processID:03204
threadIDCCCThreadNewashboard) domainNameccc.exe
) assemblyNameAPM.Server, Version=2.0.3405.36823, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

On 5/21/2009 3:12 PM PT, Ant typed:

[...]

"All the best work is done the way that ants do things -- by tiny but
untiring and regular additions." --Lafcadio Hearn
/\___/\

Old May 22nd 09, 12:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
rms[_2_]

I just upgraded/overinstalled my v9.4 to v9.5 for Catalyst driver with its
CCC...
I am using an updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 and a MSI R4870-T2D512 OC Radeon
HD 4870 512 MB video card.

I've basically the same setup and gone through the same upgrade, though
just the 'integrated driver + ccc' package, and had no problems. You may be
looking at an uninstall/drivercleaner/install.

rms

Old May 22nd 09, 01:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

On 5/21/2009 4:34 PM PT, rms typed:

I just upgraded/overinstalled my v9.4 to v9.5 for Catalyst driver with its
CCC...
I am using an updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 and a MSI R4870-T2D512 OC Radeon
HD 4870 512 MB video card.

I've basically the same setup and gone through the same upgrade, though
just the 'integrated driver + ccc' package, and had no problems. You may be
looking at an uninstall/drivercleaner/install.

Interesting. Did you have to install HDMI AUdio and xcode too? If so,
then which order? What I did was install HDMI Audio, xcode, and CCC.
Then, rebooted.
--
"Yo mama is so poor, I saw her fighting an ant for food." --unknown
/\___/\

Old May 22nd 09, 06:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
rms[_2_]

I've basically the same setup and gone through the same upgrade,
though just the 'integrated driver + ccc' package, and had no problems.
You may be looking at an uninstall/drivercleaner/install.

Interesting. Did you have to install HDMI AUdio and xcode too? If so, then
which order? What I did was install HDMI Audio, xcode, and CCC.

You said earlier you aren't using hdmi, and i don't know what xcode is.
Are you saying you installed the driver+ccc last? That sounds backwards.
Anyway, I'd uninstall everything, then install just the driver+ccc, and go
from there.

rms

Old May 22nd 09, 09:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

On 5/22/2009 10:46 AM PT, rms typed:

I've basically the same setup and gone through the same upgrade,
though just the 'integrated driver + ccc' package, and had no problems.
You may be looking at an uninstall/drivercleaner/install.

Interesting. Did you have to install HDMI AUdio and xcode too? If so, then
which order? What I did was install HDMI Audio, xcode, and CCC.

You said earlier you aren't using hdmi, and i don't know what xcode is.
Are you saying you installed the driver+ccc last? That sounds backwards.
Anyway, I'd uninstall everything, then install just the driver+ccc, and go
from there.

OK, I did more messing around with it.

Reinstalled v9.5 = no fix.
Uninstalled v9.5 and other v9.5 stuff I installed, rebooted, reinstalled
v9.4 CCC package only, and rebooted = still broken!
Uninstalled v9.4, rebooted, uninstalled ALL ATI stuff including an old
school 9700 screen saver (ant moebius one I still love), ran
DriveSweeper v1.5.5, rebooted, reinstalled v9.5 CCC, rebooted, etc. =
works agian!

I guess cleaning ATI left overs and clean reinstall were needed. Too bad
it didn't fix my old blue screen issue with DVB Viewer Pro (since v8.11)
after playing a 3D game/running a 3D screen saver.
--
"Although you're a little ant, I won't bully you." --Sai Yuk from The
Legend of Fong Sai Yuk movie (English subtitles)
/ /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or

Ant is/was listening to a song on his home computer: Ronald Jenkees -
Halloween Remix
Old May 23rd 09, 02:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB[_2_]

"Ant" wrote in message
m...
On 5/22/2009 10:46 AM PT, rms typed:

OK, I did more messing around with it.

Reinstalled v9.5 = no fix.
Uninstalled v9.5 and other v9.5 stuff I installed, rebooted,
reinstalled v9.4 CCC package only, and rebooted = still broken!
Uninstalled v9.4, rebooted, uninstalled ALL ATI stuff including an old
school 9700 screen saver (ant moebius one I still love), ran
DriveSweeper v1.5.5, rebooted, reinstalled v9.5 CCC, rebooted, etc. =
works agian!

I guess cleaning ATI left overs and clean reinstall were needed. Too
bad it didn't fix my old blue screen issue with DVB Viewer Pro (since
v8.11) after playing a 3D game/running a 3D screen saver.
--

It probably would have worked the first time if you had uninstalled the
9.4s first.

Old May 24th 09, 09:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

On 5/22/2009 6:19 PM PT, KCB typed:

OK, I did more messing around with it.

Reinstalled v9.5 = no fix.
Uninstalled v9.5 and other v9.5 stuff I installed, rebooted,
reinstalled v9.4 CCC package only, and rebooted = still broken!
Uninstalled v9.4, rebooted, uninstalled ALL ATI stuff including an old
school 9700 screen saver (ant moebius one I still love), ran
DriveSweeper v1.5.5, rebooted, reinstalled v9.5 CCC, rebooted, etc. =
works agian!

I guess cleaning ATI left overs and clean reinstall were needed. Too
bad it didn't fix my old blue screen issue with DVB Viewer Pro (since
v8.11) after playing a 3D game/running a 3D screen saver.
--

It probably would have worked the first time if you had uninstalled the
9.4s first.

I never had to do that in the past when upgrading.
--
"Have I told you how much I like ants, huh? Especially fried in a subtle
blend of mech fluid and grated gears?" --Rampage to Inferno,

Old May 25th 09, 08:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB[_2_]

"Ant" wrote in message
On 5/22/2009 6:19 PM PT, KCB typed:

OK, I did more messing around with it.

Reinstalled v9.5 = no fix.
Uninstalled v9.5 and other v9.5 stuff I installed, rebooted,
reinstalled v9.4 CCC package only, and rebooted = still broken!
Uninstalled v9.4, rebooted, uninstalled ALL ATI stuff including an
old school 9700 screen saver (ant moebius one I still love), ran
DriveSweeper v1.5.5, rebooted, reinstalled v9.5 CCC, rebooted, etc.
= works agian!

I guess cleaning ATI left overs and clean reinstall were needed. Too
bad it didn't fix my old blue screen issue with DVB Viewer Pro
(since v8.11) after playing a 3D game/running a 3D screen saver.
--

It probably would have worked the first time if you had uninstalled
the 9.4s first.

I never had to do that in the past when upgrading.

The 'official' installation instructions for video drivers (all mfgrs)
have included un-installing the old drivers for quite a long time.
Maybe you've been lucky or whatever, but in any case, always uninstall
first and your chance of having a problem is minimized.

Old May 25th 09, 10:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
DrTeeth

On Mon, 25 May 2009 15:37:24 -0400, just as I was about to take a
herb, "KCB" disturbed my reverie and wrote:

The 'official' installation instructions for video drivers (all mfgrs)
have included un-installing the old drivers for quite a long time.

In the release notes for one of the past Catalyst drivers, it said
that improvements had been made to avoid a reboot when upgrading
drivers. That means that it is okay to do so and since then I have
never uninstalled first without any issue.
--

Cheers,

DrT