Any good Epson inkjjet printer?

Old June 13th 05, 04:55 PM
CWatters

"satoshi" wrote in message
I loved Epson color printers. They print beautiful pictures. I had been
using Epson printers for many years in the past. Because of frequent
cloggings, I switched to Canon inkjet printers (i950 and S520). But I am
not so happy with color on the prints with i950. Too much red on skin
color.

Perhaps try experimenting with color profiles?

Old June 13th 05, 06:46 PM
SLLD

I still use the 3rd party and get great results no matter what you say
I love my Epson and my 3rd party ink!!!!
YES is is about 1/3 the cost of the real epson and Hp and cannun....

"zakezuke" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been using Epson for about 6 years with cheap ink.
(about 1/3 the cost of Hp or cannun.

What I find odd is saying you buy 3rd party ink for x printer and then
saying it's cheaper than other brand printers. Why not compare apples
to apples?

Looks like to me their T048x20 is $8 black, $7 color, where the
BCI-3ebk is $5 and the BCI-6 are $5.00 each for cmyk. I haven't found
referbed HP carts on the site you listed. But the $16 for the jet
mailer looks like a decent deal for the #95, #96, #97. But needless to
say I know the "cannun" carts are larger, therefor cheeper from the
same website. The Epson T048x20s are much more complex then the canon,
and if i'm not mistaken require to be filled via creating a vacuum from
a port next to the main outlet port and having the ink sucked back in,
then resealed. The canon BCI-3 and 6 can be poked with needle and
sealed with a hotglue gun. Assuming the cost of ink isn't the issue
there is a good reason the epsons are more spendy to by referbs from
the same place.

Old June 13th 05, 10:09 PM
zakezuke

I still use the 3rd party and get great results no matter what you say

Great, feel free. No one is stopping you. In fact I didn't debate on
the quality of 3rd party ink.

I love my Epson and my 3rd party ink!!!!

Great! I'm sure I'd love my Epson equaly on 3rd party ink.

YES is is about 1/3 the cost of the real epson and Hp and cannun....

Apples an oranges, this was the only point I was trying to make. You
were saying that the Epson 3rd party ink was cheaper than "cannun",
which would be true if you were talking OEM. But this is not a fair
contest as OEM costs thousands of dollars a gallon regardless of the
make. But from the same site, the Canon ink was clearly cheaper.
Many good reasons to use an Epsons, but price doesn't seem to be one of
them.

Clogged Black on i560 MarcD Printers 140 June 10th 05 08:06 AM
Are we wrong to ignore Epson photo printers? Lady Margeret Thatcher Printers 128 March 29th 05 11:43 AM
If it ain't broke, fix it! GP Printers 10 December 28th 04 01:42 PM
How to delete printer drivers? Herbert Chan Printers 6 September 28th 04 01:04 PM
Printer (Epson Stylus Photo 890) utilities with Airport/Express ? Ronald Florence Printers 0 August 11th 04 03:16 PM