Any difference between Dimension 1100 and 3000

Old October 31st 07, 03:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

Default Any difference between Dimension 1100 and 3000

I am looking to clone some machines and was wondering if anyone knew what,
if any, the difference is between a Dell Dimension 1100 and a Dimension
3000. The specifications appear to be identical.
Thanks for any insight you may have to offer.

Old October 31st 07, 04:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jay B

i think the clone should work.

the 3000 would have slightly better options, but all the important stuff
for cloning purposes should be the same.

Old October 31st 07, 05:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

thanks. was looking for a sanity check before wasting my time... will
report back the results should anyone care.

Old October 31st 07, 09:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
thanks. was looking for a sanity check before wasting my time... will
report back the results should anyone care.

Cool. May your hal.dll be pleased and invisible. g

Old November 8th 07, 06:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

fwiw, cloning a windows xp image from a dimension 3000 to a dimension 1100
worked. the only caveat was the integrated audio which required a
download/install of the appropriate driver on the 1100 after cloning. all
else is working properly.

Old November 8th 07, 11:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
fwiw, cloning a windows xp image from a dimension 3000 to a dimension 1100
worked. the only caveat was the integrated audio which required a
download/install of the appropriate driver on the 1100 after cloning. all
else is working properly.

I never have that kind of good fortune. Thanks for the update, Chris.

Dammit, it must be ME.

;-)

Stew

Old November 9th 07, 05:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
fwiw, cloning a windows xp image from a dimension 3000 to a dimension
1100 worked. the only caveat was the integrated audio which required a
download/install of the appropriate driver on the 1100 after cloning.
all else is working properly.

I never have that kind of good fortune. Thanks for the update, Chris.

Dammit, it must be ME.

;-)

Stew

fwiw, i used the windows based segate discwizard utility. and have to say
it was not only a very nice and clear interface but incredibly fast. a 10gb
copy in about 10 minuets (pata drives on separate controllers). why anyone
pays for ghost is beyond me. this utility even has a ghost feature in the
menu (lets you create a ghost of a drive to a file) but i just followed the
path of a automatic clone and only specified the source and destination
drives.

Old November 9th 07, 11:27 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

[...]

Have a link handy - just so I grab the right utility? If not I can find it
later- if I can remember to do so.

Thanks....

Old November 9th 07, 01:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

[...]

seagate.com then support then downloads...
or this might work...
http://tinyurl.com/27y63t
this is their free setup software, used to be that clubsy but effective
ustility by microhouse that ibm, maxtor, westerndigital, etc all used but
had each branded to work only when one of their drives were present in the
system. don't know if this one is also locked but it worked like a charm.
regards,

Old November 9th 07, 02:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Disk Wizard has long been one of my favorites to clone partitions.

Tio clone an entire drive, including the Dell diagnostic partition, I stumbled
across something else very useful. Ranish partition manager can also clone a
drive with restrictions. It does a physical copy of an entire drive, not a
logical copy using the file system. The limitation of this approach is that if
you copy from a smaller to a larger drive, you end up with unused and
unpartitioned space. But it did a very slick job last week when I had to clone
a failing 80GB drive onto a fresh new one. Also, before using Ranish, you have
to run the manufacturer's diagnostic software and replace bad sectors with good
ones.

Disk Wizard can also crap out when it encounters a bad sector... Ben Myers

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 00:17:33 -0500, "Christopher Muto"
wrote:

"S.Lewis" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

dimension 3000 P4 juror # 8 Dell Computers 2 October 15th 06 12:56 AM
Dimension 1100 without Microsoft tax? William P.N. Smith Dell Computers 6 April 18th 06 06:12 PM
Dimension 1100 - how to reinstall OS without Dell CD? Adrian C Dell Computers 6 November 9th 05 04:00 PM
Dimension 3000 Johnny Dell Computers 6 September 26th 05 01:12 PM
Dimension 3000 (with 1704FPT) vs Dimension 5000 (with E137FP ) [email protected] Dell Computers 2 January 17th 05 08:51 PM