Printing on CD's

Old June 11th 05, 02:09 PM
JimL

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:47:16 GMT, leo wrote:

microland wrote:
I actually a promotion 2 weeks ago, $68 for R200.
epson tries to earn money on top of cartridge but lose money on
printer.

last week, OfficeMax has a $50 rebate. I bought it at the last day - Net
$50 (if I get the rebate

The attorneys general should be notified if you don't get the rebate.
They have got the attention of many retailers including comp-usa and
best buy.
I just received an email from Canon saying that they have received
my rebate request and were processing it.

I also just received my rebate from Western Digital. They took
almost exactly 60 days to 'process' my rebate. But they also
notified me by email that it was in process shortly after I sent it
in.

Why can't some stores process all the rebates for us and take a
commission from the rebates?
I would give them half of my rebate if they just would do it for me.
I hate messing with rebates and would pay a premium not to mess with
them.

Old June 11th 05, 04:25 PM
DaveG

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:09:33 -0500, JimL wrote:

I also just received my rebate from Western Digital. They took
almost exactly 60 days to 'process' my rebate. But they also
notified me by email that it was in process shortly after I sent it
in.

Sounds like a god way to get the sales up while retaining the money in the
bank for as long as possible.

Why can't some stores process all the rebates for us and take a
commission from the rebates?
I would give them half of my rebate if they just would do it for me.
I hate messing with rebates and would pay a premium not to mess with
them.

The whole rebate system is weird. Why don't the compaines just sell
the stuff to the shops cheaper and the shops just sell the stuff at a
discount in the first place? That way there would be more savings to be
passed onto the customer as the rebate processing must cost serious time
and money process.

--
Dave
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

Old June 11th 05, 06:41 PM
zakezuke

In Europe, several Canon PIXMA models have this feature.

I am in America, have an American ip3000, and i'm printing to CDs just
fine. All I needed on the ip3000 was a tray and the feature enabled.
It is an option so long as you are willing to get/make a tray.

I can't speak for the mp760 or other multi fuctionals. Enabling this
feature is yet undocumented, but the ip3000/4000/5000.

Old June 11th 05, 07:02 PM
George E. Cawthon

microland wrote:

[...]

Rebates are an inducement to buy a product. But
the seller knows that a large number of rebates
are never mailed in or don't have the required
parts, etc. So the seller profits two ways, sales
increase, but the rebate doesn't have to be paid,
or if paid, they get to use your money interest
free for a period of time.

Now why would the seller make it easier? that
would defeat the whole purpose of rebates.
Old June 11th 05, 07:19 PM
George E. Cawthon

DaveG wrote:
[...]

Because it is sales inducement. If you can get
something for half price or maybe free, you buy
it. Would you buy it if the price was always 20
percent less. probably not if it is something you
don't really need.

Rebates are a good deal for buyers that
immediately put all the rebates requirements
together (photocopy it) and mail it in. It is a
lousy deal, if you lose the parts you need, go
past the date, or you don't make a copy and
somebody loses your entry stuff.

Heck, I get turbo tax with the state part and
symantec's Norton Antivirus every year. Cash is
something over $100, but with rebates it is just
$30. In essence, Norton Antivirus is free for me.
Of course, one year they lost one of the rebates
and demanded a new form (which was not available
any place) and I lost about $30. Nobody has
lost any of my rebates submissions since I started
copying everything on my scanner. How do they
know I scanned it and have a record?

Symantec seemed a little slow with rebates (and
the obvious subterfuge of not making copies of the
submission form available didn't help) but this
year, the 6-8 weeks for rebate check turned into
an amazing 2-3 weeks. So maybe complaining to the
government about slow rebate returns works.

Old June 11th 05, 10:33 PM
Mike Skuczas

zakezuke wrote:
In Europe, several Canon PIXMA models have this feature.

I am in America, have an American ip3000, and i'm printing to CDs just
fine. All I needed on the ip3000 was a tray and the feature enabled.
It is an option so long as you are willing to get/make a tray.

I can't speak for the mp760 or other multi fuctionals. Enabling this
feature is yet undocumented, but the ip3000/4000/5000.

How about ip6000, has anyone tried it on that model?

Mike Skuczas
Old June 11th 05, 10:54 PM
zakezuke

How about ip6000, has anyone tried it on that model?

I have not. Could be the same instruction set as the ip4000 as is the
case with the 3000 and 5000. But it could be like the mp series with
it's on screen display and a huge list of undocumented binary switches
and numerical values. Seriously considered ditching my Epson in favor
of the IP6000, except I know my epson will clog which will require
service or replacement and replacement grants $75 of free ink.

Old June 12th 05, 03:30 PM
richardfly

that's the way they make money.

but for epson, compUSA, Bestbuy, I never had problem with their rebate.
They honor their rebates all the time.

For epson, they screwed me up just one time. After I called them and
yelled on them, they sent the check to me right away.

Old June 13th 05, 02:12 AM
Colon Terminus

Go down to Best Buy right there in Carbondale and pick up an Epson Stylus
Photo R200 for 95 bucks. They have 'em in stock.

"Gary Vocks" wrote in message
I'm looking for recommendations for a printer that will print directly on
compact discs. I don't need a high volume printer just something to do a
few cd's a day on average so I don't want to spend a fortune.

TIA

Gary Vocks