Intel DP35DP, Windows 7 PCI Simple Communications Controller?

Old December 27th 09, 07:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.intel
Justin[_8_]

Default Intel DP35DP, Windows 7 PCI Simple Communications Controller?

For the life of me I can't get this PCI Simple Communications controller
to be recognized under Windows 7.
What driver am I supposed to use? I tried a bunch from Intel's site -
no luck.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6...ntrolpanel.jpg
Old December 27th 09, 09:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.intel
Bob Bailin

"Justin" wrote in message
For the life of me I can't get this PCI Simple Communications controller
to be recognized under Windows 7.
What driver am I supposed to use? I tried a bunch from Intel's site - no
luck.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6...ntrolpanel.jpg

It's probably the Intel ME Management Engine Driver. It's only available for
Vista/XP, but it will install under Win 7. If it fails to install, accept
the option
from Win 7 to retry the installation with the correct settings.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...13477&lang=eng

The other possibility is that it's the Consumer IR device, and that can be
disabled
in the BIOS (disabled by default).

Old January 1st 10, 10:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.intel
Justin[_8_]

On 12/27/2009 4:20 PM, Bob Bailin wrote:

"Justin" wrote in message
For the life of me I can't get this PCI Simple Communications
controller to be recognized under Windows 7.
What driver am I supposed to use? I tried a bunch from Intel's site -
no luck.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6...ntrolpanel.jpg

It's probably the Intel ME Management Engine Driver. It's only available
for
Vista/XP, but it will install under Win 7. If it fails to install,
accept the option
from Win 7 to retry the installation with the correct settings.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...13477&lang=eng

The other possibility is that it's the Consumer IR device, and that can
be disabled
in the BIOS (disabled by default).

Fixed!
Thanks.