pc3200 and a7v400-mx se

Old May 15th 05, 01:46 PM
Anders Henningsson

Default pc3200 and a7v400-mx se

The user guide says that a ddr400 may only run at 333 MHz. But there
also is a list of qualified vendors for ddr400 dimms. That confuses me
a little. If I buy a dimm from the list will it run on 400MHz?

Anders

Old May 15th 05, 02:31 PM
TCC56

"Anders Henningsson" wrote in message
The user guide says that a ddr400 may only run at 333 MHz. But there
also is a list of qualified vendors for ddr400 dimms. That confuses me
a little. If I buy a dimm from the list will it run on 400MHz?

Anders

No, that board won't let ddr400 memory rum at full speed. Asus is only
letting the customer know that those tested dimms are certified to work from
various ram manufacturers. Yet those dimms will still throttle down to
333Mhz

Old May 15th 05, 03:46 PM
Brad Clarke

On Sun, 15 May 2005 12:46:48 GMT, "Anders Henningsson"
wrote:

The user guide says that a ddr400 may only run at 333 MHz. But there
also is a list of qualified vendors for ddr400 dimms. That confuses me
a little. If I buy a dimm from the list will it run on 400MHz?

I have PC3200 DDR ram in my pair of A7V400-MX machines, and it runs at
333 MHz.
Old May 15th 05, 11:40 PM
Anders Henningsson

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:46:57 UTC, Brad Clarke wrote:

The user guide says that a ddr400 may only run at 333 MHz. But there
also is a list of qualified vendors for ddr400 dimms. That confuses me
a little. If I buy a dimm from the list will it run on 400MHz?

I have PC3200 DDR ram in my pair of A7V400-MX machines, and it runs at
333 MHz.

Does this slow the cpu much?

Anders

Old May 16th 05, 12:10 AM
TCC56

In answer to your question about cpu speed, the answer is no. However, I
think your confusing the board's 400 front side bus feature with ddr400
memory bandwidth speed. They are not the same.

Old May 16th 05, 02:14 AM
Brad Clarke

On Sun, 15 May 2005 22:40:00 GMT, "Anders Henningsson"
wrote:

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:46:57 UTC, Brad Clarke wrote:

The user guide says that a ddr400 may only run at 333 MHz. But there
also is a list of qualified vendors for ddr400 dimms. That confuses me
a little. If I buy a dimm from the list will it run on 400MHz?
I have PC3200 DDR ram in my pair of A7V400-MX machines, and it runs at
333 MHz.

Does this slow the cpu much?

I have no idea.

I'm running a Semprom 2400+ in it, and it seems to work fine.