I'm looking into getting a dual-TFT monitor setup for my home office and I want to have DVI for both monitors. I've only found two graphics cards that will do this: the Matrox P-series (Parhelia, P650 and P750) and the Asus 9560. Does anyone know

Old December 2nd 03, 06:09 AM
Paul Duffy

Default I'm looking into getting a dual-TFT monitor setup for my home office and I want to have DVI for both monitors. I've only found two graphics cards that will do this: the Matrox P-series (Parhelia, P650 and P750) and the Asus 9560. Does anyone know

In article , says...
I'm looking into getting a dual-TFT monitor setup for my home office and
I want to have DVI for both monitors. I've only found two graphics cards
that will do this: the Matrox P-series (Parhelia, P650 and P750) and the
Asus 9560. Does anyone know of any others?

Given these are the only dual-DVI cards available, I'm torn because
there are different advantages to both:

- The Asus will have much better 3d acceleration, I don't play a lot of
games but it would be handy. Mind you I'll be less likely to avoid work
and play games instead if my graphics card can't run the games
- nVidia (Asus 9560) have much better Linux drivers than Matrox
P-series, and I'm toying with the idea of switching to Linux for my work
at some point.
- Assuming I stick with Windows, Matrox supposedly have the best 2D
graphics quality, this is important enough for me to outweigh other
considerations. However I also read somewhere that this applies mainly
to analogue output, and that DVI quality is pretty much the same for
most modern cards.
- Matrox also are supposed to have the best multiple-monitor support, in
terms of configuration options and quality, etc. Can anyone verify if
this is true, or have the other manufacturers caught up in recent years?

The bottom line is, if the Matrox will give me the best 2D quality and
multi-monitor support, even if I can't play games or stop using Windows,
then I'll get the P650. But if the Asus can give me comparable quality
then I'll go with that for the games and OSS compatibility.

BTW my monitor is a Hyundai Q17, and I'll probably buy the exact same
model for the second, it's an excellent monitor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4285&category=
40161

Not mine....just showing you the prices....don't buy the earlier listed
3000...it's not a real one...it's a hacked 5800 I think!

Old December 3rd 03, 11:58 PM
jaf

nvidia Quadro FX (maybe some XGL's too) have dual DVI outputs, they have
excellent OpenGL performance and seem reliable.

I also have a Matrox Parhelia (a very early one) which has always been
unstable and doesn't seem to live up to its benchmark results - a
dissapointment with regard to OpenGL use.

jaf

In article , says...

dual CPU set-up/ john_D General 6 January 16th 05 01:28 AM
Dual CPU systems - still worth it? Mr. Grinch Overclocking AMD Processors 9 May 2nd 04 09:02 AM
Mushkin PC3200 1Gb Dual Packs from Fry's DW General 3 September 24th 03 10:37 AM
Mushkin PC3200 1Gb Dual Packs from Fry's DW Overclocking 3 September 24th 03 10:37 AM
Mushkin PC3200 1Gb Dual Packs from Fry's DW Homebuilt PC's 7 September 24th 03 10:37 AM