Prime 95 error

Old June 11th 04, 10:10 AM
SPRITE1001

Default Prime 95 error

Hey everyone, hopping someone can help here. Just reloaded my system and
decided to test it out on Prime95. It ran for an hour and 14 min before getting
the following error
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.49609375, expected less than 0.4

Previous to this I ran Memtest86+ for 11hours with no errors. While I don't
notice any problems I'd like to have it running solid in Prime.

Thanks to anyone that can help. Bellow are my system specs.
~Arie

Asus K8V Deluxe
AMD 64 3200+
2x512 Corsair TWINX1024-3200LLPT
Haitachi 80gig SATA
Haitachi 120gig PATA
Lite-On CDRW
Windows XP Pro (all updates)
Old June 11th 04, 12:34 PM
_P_e_ar_lALegend

Il Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:10:39 +0000, SPRITE1001 ha scritto:

Hey everyone, hopping someone can help here. Just reloaded my system and
decided to test it out on Prime95. It ran for an hour and 14 min before getting
the following error
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.49609375, expected less than 0.4

U do have 64 bit system, maybe that is the problem.
Old June 11th 04, 01:07 PM
SPRITE1001

U do have 64 bit system, maybe that is the problem.

and what does this mean exactly? its running 32 bit software. I'm not running
in the 64bit version of XP.

Old June 11th 04, 05:55 PM
Creeping Stone

=|[ SPRITE1001's ]|= wrote:

U do have 64 bit system, maybe that is the problem.

and what does this mean exactly? its running 32 bit software. I'm not running
in the 64bit version of XP.

Fair guess, but I dont think amd64s have *any* compatability problems with
running 32bit code.
I get the same error message with prime95 if I set my latencies too low.
Best to boot with memtest to fix that.
--
' gathering moss,
android
Old June 12th 04, 12:45 AM
SPRITE1001

air guess, but I dont think amd64s have *any* compatability problems with
running 32bit code.
I get the same error message with prime95 if I set my latencies too low.
Best to boot with memtest to fix that.

Yeah ran memtest86+ for 11 hours before running prime95, game no errors at all.
As for temps the cpu never hit about 54C (running stock everything) and only
runs 45C idle. The case temp tends to stay between 36-38C.
Old June 12th 04, 01:07 AM
Creeping Stone

=|[ SPRITE1001's ]|= wrote:

air guess, but I dont think amd64s have *any* compatability problems with
running 32bit code.
I get the same error message with prime95 if I set my latencies too low.
Best to boot with memtest to fix that.

Yeah ran memtest86+ for 11 hours before running prime95, game no errors at all.
As for temps the cpu never hit about 54C (running stock everything) and only
runs 45C idle. The case temp tends to stay between 36-38C.

Perhaps a power issue, with memtest usualy running with drives off and no
graphic load? Looked for voltage fluctuations which appear or worsen when
you torture the cpu?
--
' gathering moss,
android
Old June 12th 04, 06:44 AM
BigBadger

Although your temps are not bad you could also try running with the case
side off...This should drop the temps by a few degrees, see if it makes any
difference.

Old June 13th 04, 03:56 AM
Martik

Yeah ran memtest86+ for 11 hours before running prime95, game no errors
at

all.
As for temps the cpu never hit about 54C (running stock everything) and

only
runs 45C idle. The case temp tends to stay between 36-38C.

Try underclocking the cpu

Old June 16th 04, 12:30 PM
SPRITE1001

Hey guys, sorry I havent replied in a bit, been helping the girlfriend move.

I havent had a chance to try out prime95 with the RAM independant of each other
but I plan to this weekend.

My temps are generally 47C idle and 54C max with prime95. My case ambient is
between 32-34C idle and 37-38C with prime95. My CPU (3200+) is running stock
with the OEM heatsink/fan on it. (any suggetions for a good, low noise
alterative would be cool).

For those just tuning in, this is the error I got after running an hour and 14
min.

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.49609375, expected less than 0.4

Thanks every for your input
Arie