AVIVO Video Converter Still Sucks?

Old June 11th 09, 06:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

Default AVIVO Video Converter Still Sucks?

http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3578

Old June 11th 09, 03:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B)

First of One wrote:
http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3578

And it's not free....

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 9.04) Linux 2.6.29.4
Old June 11th 09, 05:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ken Maltby

"Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B)" wrote in message
First of One wrote:
http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3578

And it's not free....

--

I once found it useful for transcoding down to smaller
"mobile" video, there are a number of free video

I still find the Codec/ DirectShow Filters that came with
the earlier AVIVO package useful when building graphs
in GraphEdit.

I use the ATI MPEG Audio and Video Encoder filters as
well as the ATI MPEG Multiplexer in my Intensity Pro
HD capture Graph. I capture an 720p analog signal and
use the ATI encoder filters to store it on my hard drive as
Generic MPG with an RGB 1280x1440 12bit video stream
muxed with an extended WAV stereo audio stream.

The video does get processed through VideoReDo so
there may be improvement to the mux and header data,
but the video itself is just fast frame copied. It looks good
at that point as 1280x1440 .mpg.

While I play these HDTV captures back at their original
720p resolution, I store and distribute them, over my
gigabit LAN, as SD AVC/H.264 .mp4. I encode them
with TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress, using a two pass encoding
process and some processor intensive settings, so there
may be some improvement applied to the ATI MPEG
Encoded video, at this point.

So while I agree that the AVIVO Converter is a bust
as a program, the componet parts, used properly, can
be quite handy to have on hand. The AVIVO program
doesn't provide anywhere near the access and settings
to control the encoding as the property pages of the ATI
filters. In fact many of the absent features of the program
were always available through the property page settings
of the filters.

Luck;
Ken

Avivo Video? Fidelis K Ati Videocards 14 December 7th 06 08:23 PM
Avivo video converter in Basic Mode only? Gonzo Ati Videocards 5 September 22nd 06 09:41 PM
AVIVO Video Encoder - How to Access It? First of One Ati Videocards 10 September 1st 06 05:15 PM
ATI Avivo Video Converter 1.12 (.exe file 1.0.0.1) Ken Maltby Ati Videocards 1 July 9th 06 12:02 AM
Cat 6.3 and Avivo Converter available T Shadow Ati Videocards 0 March 8th 06 08:47 PM