Avivo video converter in Basic Mode only?

Old September 21st 06, 10:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gonzo

Default Avivo video converter in Basic Mode only?

It appears that my Avivo video converter only runs through the basic setting
of CCC.

So I can't run it from advanced CCC mode.

Is this correct?

Why oh why did ATi design it this way? Even better, why couldn't they have
made it a separate application?

Any yes, I know it's free. Just wish they would fix this.

Old September 21st 06, 11:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

"Gonzo" wrote in message
It appears that my Avivo video converter only runs through the basic
setting of CCC. So I can't run it from advanced CCC mode. Is this correct?

It appears so, from what I can see. Pretty stupid on ATi's part. You'd think
most users knowledgeable enough to transcode videos would be able to handle
the "advanced" mode.

Why oh why did ATi design it this way? Even better, why couldn't they
have made it a separate application?

A better question: why does CCC use .NET to begin with?

When a company is run by buzzword-happy marketing ANALysts, anything could
happen.

Old September 22nd 06, 12:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gonzo

"First of One" wrote in message
news
"Gonzo" wrote in message
It appears that my Avivo video converter only runs through the basic
setting of CCC. So I can't run it from advanced CCC mode. Is this
correct?

It appears so, from what I can see. Pretty stupid on ATi's part. You'd
think most users knowledgeable enough to transcode videos would be able to
handle the "advanced" mode.

Why oh why did ATi design it this way? Even better, why couldn't they
have made it a separate application?

A better question: why does CCC use .NET to begin with?

When a company is run by buzzword-happy marketing ANALysts, anything could
happen.

Well maybe AMD will persuade ATi to fix this.

I also keep getting an error message "can't find cpuinf32.dll" every time I
try to play a converted file. Go figure.

I found and copied this dll file into the ATI directory and now it seems to
work fine.

Old September 22nd 06, 05:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ken Maltby

"Gonzo" wrote in message
[...]

If you want to get to use all the capabilities of the converter;
use GraphEdit, so that you have access to the property pages
of the "Filters".

To use GraphEdit add the following DirectShow "filters":

File Source (Async.) [I select my .mpg source with this filter]

A splitter for whatever type of source [I use MPEG_2_Splitter,
don't know where I got it from. But you probably have several,
including an avi splitter.]

ATI MPEG Audio and Video Decoders

[ I throw "MatrixMixer" and an Image Scaler in here]

ATI MPEG Audio and Video Encoders (right-click on the
filter box and check the "Filter Properties..." for settings)

ATI Multiplexer (Set "Filter Properties...".)

A File Writer or "Dump" filter.

Luck;
Ken

Old September 22nd 06, 07:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gonzo

"Gonzo" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Ken.

I must say this is the fastest converter I have ever used. Just wish they
would make it an executable.

Old September 22nd 06, 09:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ken Maltby

"Gonzo" wrote in message

news "Gonzo" wrote in message
[...]

Me too.