Samsung Syncmaster 710N - how to tilt it ?

Old March 11th 06, 03:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video

Default Samsung Syncmaster 710N - how to tilt it ?

Hi,

Can somebody tell me HOW to tilt this monitor ?

http://www.samsung.com/fi/products/m...m_710n_eng.pdf

The brochure says it can tilt from 3 to 22 degrees, but I can't move it
at all using 'reasonable' strength.

Is there someting to unlock/lock the tilt position ?

Thanks.

fu2: alt.comp.hardware

Old March 11th 06, 03:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

"Michel S." wrote in message
Hi,

Can somebody tell me HOW to tilt this monitor ?

http://www.samsung.com/fi/products/m...m_710n_eng.pdf

The brochure says it can tilt from 3 to 22 degrees, but I can't move it at
all using 'reasonable' strength.

Is there someting to unlock/lock the tilt position ?

Quote.
The difference between most displays and the 710N-2 is that the tilt occurs
at the bottom of the displays frame and not in the center.
Unquote.

Old March 11th 06, 03:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

"Michel S." wrote in message
Hi,

Can somebody tell me HOW to tilt this monitor ?

http://www.samsung.com/fi/products/m...m_710n_eng.pdf

The brochure says it can tilt from 3 to 22 degrees, but I can't move it at
all using 'reasonable' strength.

Is there someting to unlock/lock the tilt position ?

Thanks.

fu2: alt.comp.hardware

my 193t came with a raise lock pin which had to be pulled out but the tilt
hinge is just a friction lock. Push top back and pull bottom out while also
maintaining some downward force to keep the base on the desktop.........you
have probably got a stiff hinge.....a little more umph is required.

Old March 11th 06, 03:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

"someone" wrote in message

"Michel S." wrote in message
Hi,

Can somebody tell me HOW to tilt this monitor ?

http://www.samsung.com/fi/products/m...m_710n_eng.pdf

The brochure says it can tilt from 3 to 22 degrees, but I can't move it
at all using 'reasonable' strength.

Is there someting to unlock/lock the tilt position ?

Quote.
The difference between most displays and the 710N-2 is that the tilt
occurs at the bottom of the displays frame and not in the center.
Unquote.

meaning.................

Old March 11th 06, 08:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Michel S. wrote:

Can somebody tell me HOW to tilt this monitor ?

http://www.samsung.com/fi/products/m...m_710n_eng.pdf

The brochure says it can tilt from 3 to 22 degrees, but I can't move it
at all using 'reasonable' strength.

Is there someting to unlock/lock the tilt position ?

I had the same trouble with my Syncmaster 930B. The answer was to
grab both of the lower corners of the monitor (with your thumbs in
front), and tilt it back from the straight vertical position.

http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/.../faqs_view.jsp
Old March 11th 06, 08:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Is there someting to unlock/lock the tilt position ?

Quote.
The difference between most displays and the 710N-2 is that the tilt
occurs at the bottom of the displays frame and not in the center.
Unquote.

meaning.................

Push at the top and DON'T pull at the bottom.

Old March 11th 06, 11:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

I had the same trouble with my Syncmaster 930B. The answer was to
grab both of the lower corners of the monitor (with your thumbs in
front), and tilt it back from the straight vertical position.

http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/.../faqs_view.jsp

Can you explain the navigation path you followed to get there ? This
link gives me an "internal server error", probably because some session
variables/cookies are missing on my side.

Thanks..

Old March 12th 06, 07:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Noozer wrote:

Quote.
The difference between most displays and the 710N-2 is that the tilt
occurs at the bottom of the displays frame and not in the center.
Unquote.

Push at the top and DON'T pull at the bottom.

Placing hands at the lower corners of the monitor, with thumbs in
front pointing up, works fine. Gently pull out while applying
inward pressure with your thumbs.

For sale samsung d600 $160,Nextel i930 $140 mott4less Overclocking AMD Processors 1 February 6th 06 11:13 PM
Dual Channel 2g Ram Haggar Asus Motherboards 1 February 2nd 06 04:23 PM
Memory QVL Ðavïd Asus Motherboards 1 April 1st 05 07:26 AM
The cost of Bad Service: Samsung HDD: SP 1614N dt General 10 December 20th 04 10:54 PM
opening a samsung syncmaster 750s Redsun82 General Hardware 1 August 31st 04 12:39 AM