Lite-On Drives

Old August 2nd 03, 05:57 PM
Dan G

Default Lite-On Drives

Welcome to the club.

"Glen" wrote in message
I've been reading in this group for several weeks about the speed and
reliability of Lite-On drives. After 3 bad drives from Digital Research,

decided to give up the headaches and order a Lite-On from Newegg.com
(LTR52246S retail). I have to say, this drive is very cool. It cost me

$43
with free shipping and I had the drive within a week. I decided to get

the
drive from Newegg.com because I was tired of chasing the repackaged drives
(such as the recent Cendyne at OfficeMax), only to find out that either

they
were out of stock or the shipment they had were not the Lite-On drives.

Not
to mention that I've had nothing but trouble getting timely rebates (if I
get them at all).

The drive has Mt. Rainier support, Smart-Burn, Smart-X, and UDMA support.
Audio extraction is faster than any other drive I've used in the past,
including the $150+ drives. Burns usually take less than 3 minutes for an
80 minute CD (even on my pathetic 550MHz pc) and never an error even on
inexpensive Imation media. It seems to be rock solid and provides great
performance for the price.

I would definately recommend this drive to anyone.

- Glen

Old August 3rd 03, 02:46 AM
Sagittaria

Paige Miller wrote in
:

On Stardate 8/2/2003 10:39 AM, the following keys were
mysteriously typed at Glen's keyboard...
I've been reading in this group for several weeks about the speed
and reliability of Lite-On drives. After 3 bad drives from
Digital Research, I decided to give up the headaches and order a
Lite-On from Newegg.com (LTR52246S retail). I have to say, this
drive is very cool. It cost me $43 with free shipping and I had
the drive within a week. ...

I would definately recommend this drive to anyone.

- Glen

I'll second that recommendation. I bought the same model as you
from Newegg.com and I have absolutely no complaints.

Cool. I just ordered the LTR52327S and hope I will be as happy as you
guys are.

--
----Sagittaria----

It is a poor day if one hasn't laughed.

are SATA drives cooler to the touch than IDE? AFN General 12 October 28th 04 07:45 PM
Resolved: An issue with installing XP on new Serial ATA drives, drives not being recognized by XP Todd Wiese Homebuilt PC's 0 October 26th 04 06:50 PM
Seagate Redesigns Drives (with 73GB to 300GB capacities) Ablang General 0 May 23rd 04 04:01 AM
Boot problem *Vanguard* General 8 February 29th 04 07:53 AM
Vendor Warning! Monarch Computer - Samsung SP1614N 160gb hard disk drives Steve Hawkins Jr General 2 October 25th 03 03:43 AM