Poweredge 2650 firmware updates

Old March 24th 08, 06:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Steve

Default Poweredge 2650 firmware updates

Does Dell provide a download of a bootable image for updating all of
the firmware on these servers?

I asked this a bit ago but I atached it to a thread of a different
problem I had encountered and I though it probably deserved its own
thread.

Thanks,
Steve
Old March 24th 08, 09:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

the firmware updates i have seen run from within windows. perhaps they are
also available for linux. their is separate firmware for the system bios,
the various disk controllers, the tape drives, etc. visit support.dell.com
and enter your system's tag number for a list of available downloads.

Old March 24th 08, 09:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Basill

.. visit support.dell.com
and enter your system's tag number for a list of available downloads.

The disk you are after exists as I have seen people use it. Choose drivers
and down loads, enter your service tag and have a look under `systems
management` I think the first one `CD ISO - Poweredge updates` might be what
you are looking for. THere is also a DVD that appears to assist with F/w
updates listed.

Good luck,

Old March 25th 08, 02:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Steve

On Mar 24, 5:41*pm, "Basill" wrote:
. *visit support.dell.com

and enter your system's tag number for a list of available downloads.

The disk you are after exists as I have seen people use it. *Choose drivers
and down loads, enter your service tag and have a look under `systems
management` I think the first one `CD ISO - Poweredge updates` might be what
you are looking for. THere is also a DVD that appears to assist with F/w
updates listed.

Good luck,

I do not believe that is what I am looking for..from what I can tell
it looks as though that image runs under windows.

Thanks
Steve
Old March 26th 08, 11:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Andrew Hodgson

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:46:21 -0700 (PDT), Steve
wrote:

On Mar 24, 5:41*pm, "Basill" wrote:
. *visit support.dell.com

and enter your system's tag number for a list of available downloads.

The disk you are after exists as I have seen people use it. *Choose drivers
and down loads, enter your service tag and have a look under `systems
management` I think the first one `CD ISO - Poweredge updates` might be what
you are looking for. THere is also a DVD that appears to assist with F/w
updates listed.

Good luck,

I do not believe that is what I am looking for..from what I can tell
it looks as though that image runs under windows.

Yes, unfortunately it is not bootable like the HP ones are, though it
can be ran in conjunction with the Build and Update disk - which is
the new name for the OpenManage server assistant.

The DVD has slightly newer firmware, whether it has newer firmware for
the 2650 is a different matter.

Thanks.
Andrew.