ATI Catalyst driver can't remember to use 70hz for VGA connection?

Old May 17th 11, 06:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

Default ATI Catalyst driver can't remember to use 70hz for VGA connection?

Hello.

I noticed using video's 70hz is clearer and show no flickers with dark
blue background compared to 60hz. I switch between DVI and VGA, through
Catalyst Control Center, because I use an over decade old Belkin
OmniCube KVM to share the devices (PS/2 mouse, 19" Samsung 931BF LCD
monitor, and PS/2 keyboard).

In my old updated Windows XP Pro. SP3, I am having problems with v10.12
(doubt the newer/later versions will fix it) video driver to remember to
give me 70hz. It keeps going back to 60hz, so I have to manually to tell
it that which is tedious and annoying since I do it a lot. Is there a
way to force it each time I go to VGA connection? Also, I am using a 2.5
years old ATI Radeon 4870 video card (512 MB of RAM) from MSI.

Thank you in advance.
--
"Bother," said Winnie the Pooh, as he stepped on an ant.
/\___/\ Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)