53.04's xp only on drive archive?

Old February 14th 04, 04:54 AM
BelaLvgosi

Default 53.04's xp only on drive archive?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/pc_winxp-2k_53.04.html

What were these meant for? Sorry if already posted.

Old February 14th 04, 09:25 AM
john smith

WDM Driver Version: 2.20 this is to replace the standard windows XP driver

Old February 14th 04, 06:49 PM
BelaLvgosi

Ok thanks, I was just confused because there's already this
http://www.nvidia.com/object/wdm_winxp-2k-Me-98se_2.20 , the 2.20
standalone. So 04's are just to indicate display+wdm driver then and should
be the same as 03's. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I can't find a link to
the lastest .04's other than in the archive.

Old February 14th 04, 08:41 PM
Courseyauto

"john smith" wrote in message
WDM Driver Version: 2.20 this is to replace the standard windows XP driver
"BelaLvgosi" wrote in message
http://www.nvidia.com/object/pc_winxp-2k_53.04.html

What were these meant for? Sorry if already posted.

53.04 is for 95,98,and ME
Old February 14th 04, 11:15 PM
BelaLvgosi

"john smith" wrote in message
WDM Driver Version: 2.20 this is to replace the standard windows XP

driver
"BelaLvgosi" wrote in message
http://www.nvidia.com/object/pc_winxp-2k_53.04.html

What were these meant for? Sorry if already posted.

53.04 is for 95,98,and ME

Not meant to be rude, but you didn't even check the link I gave in the
thread's topic, and yes they're for xp.

Old February 15th 04, 01:38 AM
DaveW

This driver is only to be used on XP and Win2K machines.

--
DaveW

Old February 15th 04, 01:42 AM
R.V. Gronoff

BelaLvgosi a écrit :
http://www.nvidia.com/object/pc_winxp-2k_53.04.html

What were these meant for? Sorry if already posted.

I've just tried to install it from your link, and it installs nothing on
my machine!!!
(I uninstalled 53.03 before and tried several times, even in failsafe
mode, but nada. All I'll get installed is the generic Windows VGA driver.)

???

--
Merci d'enlever le-munster-du-frigo pour me répondre par mail.
ICQ 248572128

"Every morning I wake up
on the wrong side of capitalism."
Old February 15th 04, 01:43 AM
R.V. Gronoff

DaveW a écrit :

This driver is only to be used on XP and Win2K machines.

Doesn't work on my PC though (XP Pro sp1, ti4600).

Old February 15th 04, 04:17 AM
BelaLvgosi

"R.V. Gronoff" wrote in
message ...
BelaLvgosi a écrit :
http://www.nvidia.com/object/pc_winxp-2k_53.04.html

What were these meant for? Sorry if already posted.

I've just tried to install it from your link, and it installs nothing on
my machine!!!
(I uninstalled 53.03 before and tried several times, even in failsafe
mode, but nada. All I'll get installed is the generic Windows VGA driver.)

???

--
Merci d'enlever le-munster-du-frigo pour me répondre par mail.
ICQ 248572128

"Every morning I wake up
on the wrong side of capitalism."

Well, looked around and found these are "Personal Cinema" drivers, so they
might not work with most cards. Btw, on the realease sheet, the news on
53.04's a (see bottom of post, from driver's pdf sheet). There's nothing
really new, but for some it's a new that these bugs are expected to be
solved in the newer drivers. Sorry for all the headaches ofthose who tried
to install these.

Significant issues resolved in driver version 53.04 are listed below:
.. GeForce FX 5200/5200 Ultra, Windows XP Media Center Edition: Flashes

of corruption occur when rewinding or fast forwarding live TV.

.. GeForce FX 5200/5600, Windows XP Media Center Edition: System crash

when changing TV output format on-the-fly while watching video.

.. GeForce FX 5600/5600 Ultra, Windows XP Media Center Edition: Green

color on TV playback.

.. Quadro FX 500, Windows XP Media Center Edition: Media center crashes

after 30-45 minutes of TV viewing.

.. GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, Windows XP: nView Setup Wizard lacks 16-bit

color choice.

.. Quadro NVS, Windows XP: After turning off Span-over-Span, the display

properties panel stops responding when selecting the Quadro NVS page.

.. Quadro NVS, Windows XP: Flight.exe OpenGL has stripes of bad rendering

on dual Quadro NVS cards.

.. Quadro NVS 280 AGP + Quadro NVS 280 PCI, Windows 2000: Driver does

not install with SETUP.EXE.

.. Black horizontal lines on Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2.

.. Quadro NVS, Windows XP: Driver causes blue-screen crash.

..

Old February 17th 04, 11:27 PM
Tal Fucus

The 53.04 are for Win98 only.
For WinXP/2k there is version 53.03 of the driver.
You can get it either from nvidia or from www.guru3d.com.
You can also get the 56.55 from guru3d.

Tal