New graphics card

Old October 29th 03, 10:05 PM
Hawkeye-Pcs

Default New graphics card

Hi there,
We can do a Prolink GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR TV-Out DVI for £56-00
delivered if you are interested.
Drop us an e-mail, oh and it will enter you in our prize draw for a new
windowed case if you do decide to order! :O)
Cheers
Kev
www.hawkeye-pcs.co.uk

"*** HAWK" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
I am looking to buy a relatively cheap graphics card. My current Geforce
2mx-400 doesn't really cut the mustard and needs an upgrade.
My budget is between £45-70.

What card would people go far - I am not bothered with extras like TV-Out.
Also which Manufacturer - ATI or Nvidia?

Also prices would be helpful & any links to UK vendors only.
Thanks

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old October 29th 03, 10:41 PM
Andrew Bell

Parent:
Earlier Hawkeye-Pcs ] uttered:
Hi there,
We can do a Prolink GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR TV-Out DVI for £56-00
delivered if you are interested.
Drop us an e-mail, oh and it will enter you in our prize draw for a
new windowed case if you do decide to order! :O)

But you have to say that will date rather quicky.

--
Andrew
The above address IS valid but will go straight to my spambin. If you

Old October 29th 03, 11:06 PM
Hawkeye-Pcs

Probably true but my partner is using one of these cards and even I was
surprised at it's overclocking abilities!
Nice specs and good quality, probably come down in price over the next
couple of weeks but they seem to be holding steady at the moment.
kev

"Andrew Bell" wrote in
message ...

Old October 30th 03, 10:39 AM
George

"Hawkeye-Pcs" wrote in message
Hi there,
We can do a Prolink GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR TV-Out DVI for £56-00
delivered if you are interested.
Drop us an e-mail, oh and it will enter you in our prize draw for a new
windowed case if you do decide to order! :O)
Cheers
Kev
www.hawkeye-pcs.co.uk

I'm after a new video card as well. Performance wise how would this compare
to my current Radeon 7500?

tia
--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing

Old October 30th 03, 05:47 PM
James smyth

"George" wrote in message
"Hawkeye-Pcs" wrote in message
Hi there,
We can do a Prolink GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR TV-Out DVI for £56-00
delivered if you are interested.
Drop us an e-mail, oh and it will enter you in our prize draw for a new
windowed case if you do decide to order! :O)
Cheers
Kev
www.hawkeye-pcs.co.uk

I'm after a new video card as well. Performance wise how would this compare
to my current Radeon 7500?

They're both ****, look for Geforce 4 end of line bargains, Ebuyer has a Ti4200
for £79 which is as good as a FX5600.

Old October 30th 03, 07:14 PM
George

"James smyth" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
"Hawkeye-Pcs" wrote in message
Hi there,
We can do a Prolink GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR TV-Out DVI for £56-00
delivered if you are interested.
Drop us an e-mail, oh and it will enter you in our prize draw for a

new
windowed case if you do decide to order! :O)
Cheers
Kev
www.hawkeye-pcs.co.uk

I'm after a new video card as well. Performance wise how would this

compare
to my current Radeon 7500?

They're both ****, look for Geforce 4 end of line bargains, Ebuyer has a

Ti4200
for £79 which is as good as a FX5600.

If it's better than the 7500 then I'd consider it. I have to say I've been
delighted with the 7500 but then I'm usually 18 months+ behind with hardware
and games anyway. The Ti4200 is out of my price range although I have been
looking at 2nd hand prices.

Old October 30th 03, 08:55 PM
George

"George" wrote in message
"Hawkeye-Pcs" wrote in message
Hi there,
We can do a Prolink GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR TV-Out DVI for £56-00
delivered if you are interested.
Drop us an e-mail, oh and it will enter you in our prize draw for a

new
windowed case if you do decide to order! :O)
Cheers
Kev
www.hawkeye-pcs.co.uk

I'm after a new video card as well. Performance wise how would this

compare
to my current Radeon 7500?

look for Geforce 4 end of line bargains, Ebuyer has a Ti4200

Is there much of a performance difference between a 64MB and 128MB version?

Old October 31st 03, 09:38 AM
James smyth

"George" wrote in message
"Hawkeye-Pcs" wrote in message
Hi there,
We can do a Prolink GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR TV-Out DVI for £56-00
delivered if you are interested.
Drop us an e-mail, oh and it will enter you in our prize draw for a

new
windowed case if you do decide to order! :O)
Cheers
Kev
www.hawkeye-pcs.co.uk

I'm after a new video card as well. Performance wise how would this

compare
to my current Radeon 7500?

look for Geforce 4 end of line bargains, Ebuyer has a Ti4200

Is there much of a performance difference between a 64MB and 128MB version?

The 128 is a little faster but both are a big jump from a 7500.

Old October 31st 03, 09:46 AM
George

"George" wrote in message
"Hawkeye-Pcs" wrote in message
Hi there,
We can do a Prolink GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR TV-Out DVI for

£56-00
delivered if you are interested.
Drop us an e-mail, oh and it will enter you in our prize draw for

new
windowed case if you do decide to order! :O)
Cheers
Kev
www.hawkeye-pcs.co.uk

I'm after a new video card as well. Performance wise how would this

compare
to my current Radeon 7500?

look for Geforce 4 end of line bargains, Ebuyer has a Ti4200

Is there much of a performance difference between a 64MB and 128MB

version?

The 128 is a little faster but both are a big jump from a 7500.

Cheers

Picked one up on ebay.