Cheapest place for Nero 6 full version?

Old June 1st 04, 10:04 AM
Paul Hutchings

Default Cheapest place for Nero 6 full version?

Not bothered about a pretty box, but does anyone know the cheapest source
for a full version of Nero 6?

Seems most DVD burners only come with the express version, I need something
that will let me take downloaded avi/mpeg files and create DVDs with basic
menus etc..

I keep seeing "OEM Suite 1" and "OEM Suite 3" available for around a
tenner, but these don't seem to include the full version, again just the
express..

regards,
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old June 1st 04, 10:31 AM
Doug Ramage

"Paul Hutchings" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Not bothered about a pretty box, but does anyone know the cheapest source
for a full version of Nero 6?

Seems most DVD burners only come with the express version, I need

something
that will let me take downloaded avi/mpeg files and create DVDs with basic
menus etc..

I keep seeing "OEM Suite 1" and "OEM Suite 3" available for around a
tenner, but these don't seem to include the full version, again just the
express..

regards,
Paul
--

Yes, I got caught by the Express version.

I got mine from Amazon, IIRC. It was one of the few places to actually have
the new version in stock - called "Nero 6 Power Pack". About £45 inc P&P
when I bought it 5 weeks ago - may well be cheaper elsewhere.
--
Doug Ramage

Old June 1st 04, 11:04 AM
Paul Hutchings

"Doug Ramage" wrote in
:

I got mine from Amazon, IIRC. It was one of the few places to actually
have the new version in stock - called "Nero 6 Power Pack". About œ45
inc P&P when I bought it 5 weeks ago - may well be cheaper elsewhere.

It actually looks like even the full product doesn't do what i want, i.e
let you create menus, drag files (avi/mpg), hit "go" and have it just go
and write a video DVD.

cheers,
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old June 1st 04, 12:32 PM
mk38

NeroVision Express with the DVD plugins will do what you need. There is a
trial available on the Ahead WEB site.

Also Nero Recode lets you take different file formats and re encode them to
DVD.

These are part of the "Power Pack"

Cheers
mk38

"Paul Hutchings" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"Doug Ramage" wrote in
:

I got mine from Amazon, IIRC. It was one of the few places to actually
have the new version in stock - called "Nero 6 Power Pack". About o45

paul at spamcop.net

Old June 1st 04, 12:50 PM
Parish

Paul Hutchings wrote:

Not bothered about a pretty box, but does anyone know the cheapest source
for a full version of Nero 6?

Kazaa ;-)

Old June 1st 04, 12:55 PM
Paul Hutchings

"mk38" wrote in
:

NeroVision Express with the DVD plugins will do what you need. There
is a trial available on the Ahead WEB site.

Also Nero Recode lets you take different file formats and re encode
them to DVD.

These are part of the "Power Pack"

I'm wondering if "OEM Suite 3" will do the job..
http://www.sapphiresystems.co.uk/sho...comparison.htm suggests it
comes with what is needed?

regards,
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old June 1st 04, 12:56 PM
Paul Hutchings

Parish wrote in :

Not bothered about a pretty box, but does anyone know the cheapest
source for a full version of Nero 6?

Kazaa ;-)

Well.. not going to go into a moral rant but if the price is fair I don't
mind paying for software.. usually I keep it long enough.

regards,
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old June 1st 04, 04:01 PM
Doug Ramage

"Paul Hutchings" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"Doug Ramage" wrote in
:

I got mine from Amazon, IIRC. It was one of the few places to actually
have the new version in stock - called "Nero 6 Power Pack". About œ45
inc P&P when I bought it 5 weeks ago - may well be cheaper elsewhere.

It actually looks like even the full product doesn't do what i want, i.e
let you create menus, drag files (avi/mpg), hit "go" and have it just go
and write a video DVD.

cheers,
Paul
--

I *think* it does do all that for you - via a Nero "wizard", IIRC.

I already had TMPGEnc for dvd authoring. So I just drag the mpg file and let
Nero create a Video_TS folder on my hard drive which I then load into
TMPGEnc for editing, then burn it to dvd-r/rw. Most of mpg files are non
compliant which means that sometimes Nero barfs, and I have to use
PVAStrumento etc.
--
Doug Ramage

Old June 1st 04, 06:21 PM
Paul Hutchings

"Doug Ramage" wrote in
:

I *think* it does do all that for you - via a Nero "wizard", IIRC.

I already had TMPGEnc for dvd authoring. So I just drag the mpg file
and let Nero create a Video_TS folder on my hard drive which I then
load into TMPGEnc for editing, then burn it to dvd-r/rw. Most of mpg
files are non compliant which means that sometimes Nero barfs, and I
have to use PVAStrumento etc.

For the sake of a tenner I've ordered Nero "Suite 3" from Tekheads.. £9.99
and after asking what shipping would be they kindly offered to send it 1st
class for 50p as it's just a CD.

Chap at work has full blown Nero 6 and from what I see the "Video Express
2" app is the one I need.. either way I need something to make data DVDs so
it'll get used whatever.

regards
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old June 1st 04, 07:41 PM
Doug Ramage

[...]

IIRC, I had to augment Nero Video Express with a dvd plug-in to author a
dvd - about £15.
--
Doug Ramage