Dead TCP/IP Stack = DEAD VISTA !!

Old September 17th 07, 03:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Skybuck Flying

Default Dead TCP/IP Stack = DEAD VISTA !!

Hello,

I managed to wreck Windows Vista accidently in record breaking time, only a
few minutes needed:

1. Remove all protocols from "connections".

2. Remove network device.

3. Wait until Vista detects it's a non genuine copy or it's trail has
expired.

4. Reboot

End result:

DEAD VISTA

Reason:

1. An internet connection is needed to re-activate Vista !

2. Trying to restore the TCP/IP Stack via last known good configuration did
not work (Black screen only).

3. Trying to restore the TCP/IP Stack via safe mode is not possible because
safe mode not allowed in reduced mode.

4. Windows Vista was unable to restore the TCP/IP Stack by itself.

Background story:

I installed Vista in Virtual PC to test it out. I tried to get the virtual
network working via a loopback adapter, I did the same with Windows 95 in a
virtual pc.

The funny thing is: Windows 95 worked perfectly and detected the virtual
network hardware. Windows Vista totally ****ed-up, me only partially to
blame... I did not give Windows Vista a chance to boot-up, it was already
running from a previous virtual session, maybe if I did a reboot it might
have all worked flawlessly... however it still should have worked after I
removed everything because that's EXACTLY what I did in Windows 95 and it
worked there, and probably in XP it would have work as well. Many times
rebooting Vista did not fix the problem !

Conclusion:

Windows 95 and Windows XP OWN Windows Vista BIG TIME.

Pretty ****ing unbelievable.

Also fortunately for me I do have a backup of the virtual machine
somewhere... I am not sure if it's infected though... cause I used it to
test something out

VISTA SUX

Bye,
Skybuck

Old September 17th 07, 06:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Frank McCoy

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

VISTA SUX

This is supposed to be some kind of surprise?

--
_____
/ ' / â„¢
Old September 18th 07, 12:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Skybuck Flying

news
wrote:

VISTA SUX

This is supposed to be some kind of surprise?

Ok, how about:

VISTA SUX EVEN HARDER THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 18th 07, 01:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Frank McCoy

wrote:

VISTA SUX

This is supposed to be some kind of surprise?

Ok, how about:

VISTA SUX EVEN HARDER THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT LOL.

Your imagination obviously ain't very good.
I've thought Vista sucked and stank like a putrid swamp full of ****
with week-old bodies left to rot since day-one of its release.

Every "feature" they declaim for the vomit is something any other OS
would consider a horrid bug to be fixed before release.

The only "advantage" it has is for Micr$hit to turn over and sell new
product, along with forcing people to seriously upgrade their computers
or the stinking thing won't run at all (Which, to my mind, is a good
thing ... the not-running, that is).

That's what you get when a company becomes so entrenched that their main
business becomes forcing the sale of new products, no matter how horrid
they are, instead of producing products that people want or need.

--
_____
/ ' / â„¢
Old September 18th 07, 02:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
class_a

Frank McCoy wrote:

I've thought Vista sucked and stank like a putrid swamp full of ****
with week-old bodies left to rot since day-one of its release.

Every "feature" they declaim for the vomit is something any other OS
would consider a horrid bug to be fixed before release.

The only "advantage" it has is for Micr$hit to turn over and sell new
product, along with forcing people to seriously upgrade their computers
or the stinking thing won't run at all (Which, to my mind, is a good
thing ... the not-running, that is).

That's what you get when a company becomes so entrenched that their main
business becomes forcing the sale of new products, no matter how horrid
they are, instead of producing products that people want or need.

Now tell us what you really think

I must admit that I agree with you though!

top - 20:58:22 up 52 days, 2:02 (let's see Vista do that - it can't
if you do security updates)

(Happy linux user)
Old September 18th 07, 03:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Frank McCoy

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt class_a wrote:

Frank McCoy wrote:

[...]

Nor XP, for that matter.
They do security updates about every 12 hours, it seems sometimes.
;-{

(Happy linux user)

--
_____
/ ' / â„¢
Old September 18th 07, 10:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Ken Hagan

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:11:21 +0100, Skybuck Flying
wrote:

Reason:

1. An internet connection is needed to re-activate Vista !

Or you could do it by phone. OK, that's unplikely to be a pleasant
experience, but as far as MS are concerned, you haven't really finished
installing Vista until you've activated it, so you complaint is much the
same as saying "I pulled the plug during SETUP and now the OS doesn't
work!".

On the bright side, since this all happened before activation, not only
will you not have lost any important data (this all happened, like, two
minutes after installation completed, right?) but you also haven't wasted
an activation on a VM that you are now going to discard.
Old September 18th 07, 12:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Skybuck Flying

Phone doesn't work as well me thinks.

One still needs an internet connection ?! WOW

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 18th 07, 12:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Skybuck Flying

I mean my phone is working, that's not the problem.

I checked all possibilities and all possibilities need an internet
connection ?!

I am not 100% sure, but I am not gonna check now, would be a waste of time
anyway.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 19th 07, 03:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Conor[_2_]

In article , Skybuck Flying
says...

More Sky**** bull****....

--
Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.