info on AM2 4600 cpu and Seti

Old October 27th 06, 09:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
figjam

Default info on AM2 4600 cpu and Seti

Hi
Does anyone have evidence that the new AM2 4600 X2 cpu's are supported in
Seti under XP 32bit or 64 ?

Cheers

Fig

Old October 27th 06, 08:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Dylan C

figjam wrote:
Hi
Does anyone have evidence that the new AM2 4600 X2 cpu's are supported in
Seti under XP 32bit or 64 ?

Cheers

Fig

I don't know why it wouldn't be. Do you have any reason to think it is
not supported? There doesn't appear to be a 64-bit version of BOINC,
but the 32-bit application should run under 64-bit XP.

-Dylan C
Old October 28th 06, 01:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
figjam

Hi
Thanks for the reply but, dont you think that if there isnt a 64bit version
then it might not be fully
supported for 64bit processors ???

Old October 28th 06, 01:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Dylan C

figjam wrote:
Hi
Thanks for the reply but, dont you think that if there isnt a 64bit version
then it might not be fully
supported for 64bit processors ???

Fig

I don't know why it wouldn't be. Do you have any reason to think it is
not supported? There doesn't appear to be a 64-bit version of BOINC, but
the 32-bit application should run under 64-bit XP.

-Dylan C

I run seti on my X2 3800+ under 32-bit XP. It may not be fully
optimized for 64-bit systems yet, but there is no reason to think that
it simply won't work.

-Dylan C
Old October 28th 06, 01:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
figjam

I didnt say seti wouldnt work i wanted to know if it was optimized for x64
My 4600 completes one unit in 59mins.

Fig

Old October 28th 06, 02:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Dylan C

figjam wrote:
I didnt say seti wouldnt work i wanted to know if it was optimized for x64
My 4600 completes one unit in 59mins.

Fig

I run seti on my X2 3800+ under 32-bit XP. It may not be fully optimized
for 64-bit systems yet, but there is no reason to think that it simply
won't work.

-Dylan C

That sounds like a pretty good time. My 3800+ overclocked to 2.4GHz
takes a bit over 4 hours per unit, but I only run seti on one core.
Even so, the best I could hope for is probably 2 hours. That extra L1
cache you have must really help.

-Dylan C
Old October 28th 06, 02:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
figjam

Dont you mean L2 cache(512K)
And how do you only use one core ???

Fig

Old October 28th 06, 03:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
DRS

"figjam" jcarbon @bigpond.net.au wrote in message

That sounds like a pretty good time. My 3800+ overclocked to 2.4GHz
takes a bit over 4 hours per unit, but I only run seti on one core.
Even so, the best I could hope for is probably 2 hours. That extra
L1 cache you have must really help.

And how do you only use one core ???

If an aplication doesn't have a switch or setting to force it to run on a
specified core (most don't) then you can force it manually via Task Manager
right-click on the process select Set Affinity or permanently via a

utility like ImageCFG.

Old October 28th 06, 04:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
DRS

"figjam" jcarbon @bigpond.net.au wrote in message

If an aplication doesn't have a switch or setting to force it to run
on a specified core (most don't) then you can force it manually via
Task Manager
right-click on the process select Set Affinity or permanently via
a utility like ImageCFG.

cool thanks DRS

Please don't top-post.