Power surge killed iiyama 18" TFT, any comments on Dell 20" offer

Old January 2nd 06, 12:08 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default Power surge killed iiyama 18" TFT, any comments on Dell 20" offer

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna...=&refurbished=

| Any comments on this Dell monitor?
|
| I have one, it's a great monitor, plenty of connections at the back and
| usefull USB at the side, I got mine from Aria who were doing it for £320 or
| something near.
|
| Thanks and I forgot Aria are good for Dell prices and I have changed
| my mind and want a 20" 1600 x 1200 now
|
| Aria do the Grey 2001FP for £422 + Carriage and Dell do it for £442.
| But Aria charge £24 for a dead pixel check, so I reckon if I ordered
| off Aria and do not specify the dead pixel check, I'd be far more
| likely to get dead pixels as the good ones would go to those who pay
| the £20 extra.
|
| It is now looking like the Dell 2001FP direct from Dell, and ts thanks
| for your tip too.
| --
| John Perry

I'm also looking at this 2001FP.. Do Dell do a pixel check if you
pay extra or is it pot luck.? Is there any advantage buying from
Dell than Aria ? I'd rather play a little extra to know the screen is 100%.

Thanks.
Alan

Old January 2nd 06, 12:11 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

In article , John Perry
writes
Aria do the Grey 2001FP for £422 + Carriage and Dell do it for £442. But
Aria charge £24 for a dead pixel check, so I reckon if I ordered off
Aria and do not specify the dead pixel check, I'd be far more likely to
get dead pixels as the good ones would go to those who pay the £20
extra.

It is now looking like the Dell 2001FP direct from Dell, and ts thanks
for your tip too.

So you can get one from Aria with the dead pixel check for about the
same price as from Dell without the check.
--
Thoss
Old January 2nd 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

wrote:

I have one, it's a great monitor, plenty of connections at the back and
usefull USB at the side, I got mine from Aria who were doing it for £320 or
something near.

Thanks and I forgot Aria are good for Dell prices and I have changed
my mind and want a 20" 1600 x 1200 now

Aria do the Grey 2001FP for £422 + Carriage and Dell do it for £442.
But Aria charge £24 for a dead pixel check, so I reckon if I ordered
off Aria and do not specify the dead pixel check, I'd be far more
likely to get dead pixels as the good ones would go to those who pay
the £20 extra.

It is now looking like the Dell 2001FP direct from Dell, and ts thanks
for your tip too.

I bought a 2001FP from Dell nearly a year ago - super monitor. Haven't
found any dead pixels yet. Came with 3yr next day replacement
warranty.
Old January 3rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

http://www.itcsales.co.uk/acatalog/2..._Displays.html

cheaper by £60

"John Perry" wrote in message ...
We had a power cut this afternoon, so I switched the power switch off
to the study when my PC equipment is and only powered on the ring main
after the power was restored.

But just my luck that my iiyama 4637 18" TFT packed up over the power
outage, so I am using a standby monitor.

Anyway, Dell are doing a:

Dell Ultrasharp 2005FPW 20" widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor.
300cd/m2 brightness, 600:1 contrast, 16ms response time. Midnight Grey
TCO99
£507.60 reduced to £381.58 incl. VAT, shipping [You Save £126.02]

Monitor size and type : 20" (51.0cm) active matrix TFT
Resolution : 1680 x 1050 (WSXGA+)
Response time / Brightness / Contrast Ratio : 16ms / 300cd/m2 / 600:1
Dimensions h x w x d : 391 / 491 (compressed / extended) x 472 x 230mm
Weight : 7.9 kg
Inputs : Analogue / Digital / S-Video / Composite
Height adjustable stand / Audio capability : Yes (100mm travel) /
Optional AS500 soundbar
VESA mounting compatible / Security slot : Yes (100mm) / Yes
Integrated powered USB 2.0 hub : 4 downstream / 1 upstream ports
Warranty : 3 year next business day exchange

http://www.redoak.co.uk
http://www.eze-buy.co.uk

Old January 3rd 06, 12:44 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

beware Aria sell REFURBS and they put it in small print. ****ing con-artists.

Old January 3rd 06, 01:47 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"nick" wrote in message
beware Aria sell REFURBS and they put it in small print. ****ing
con-artists.

cite???

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

Old January 3rd 06, 09:22 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

John Perry wrote:

Aria do the Grey 2001FP for £422 + Carriage and Dell do it for £442.
But Aria charge £24 for a dead pixel check, so I reckon if I ordered
off Aria and do not specify the dead pixel check, I'd be far more
likely to get dead pixels as the good ones would go to those who pay
the £20 extra.

It is now looking like the Dell 2001FP direct from Dell, and ts thanks
for your tip too.

That's the one I have and it's excellent for my purposes, I'm not a
game player though, I run Win2k and Linux on it.

--
Chris Green

Old January 3rd 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:13:53 +0000, John Perry
wrote:

We had a power cut this afternoon, so I switched the power switch off
to the study when my PC equipment is and only powered on the ring main
after the power was restored.

But just my luck that my iiyama 4637 18" TFT packed up over the power
outage, so I am using a standby monitor.

Anyway, Dell are doing a:

Dell Ultrasharp 2005FPW 20" widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor.
300cd/m2 brightness, 600:1 contrast, 16ms response time. Midnight Grey
TCO99
£507.60 reduced to £381.58 incl. VAT, shipping [You Save £126.02]

-----End Quoted (and cut) Message-----

Similar specs to the 20-inch Philips that I bought recently at a
similar price.

http://www.lowestonweb.com/Products/...4-41DAC097E45D

or

http://tinyurl.com/dqlx7

Nice monitor.

MK

Old January 11th 06, 11:02 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:20:05 +0000, John Perry
wrote:

Well I have one today, and it arrived at 8pm, I wasn't expecting it
for another week, but it came early, and I am not complaining.

snip

One problem though, my Nebula digital TV card does not work with it -
I get the error message "cannot attach to hardware display surface"
:-(. Must try and sort this one out.

Fixed it, I have to disable nView on my GeForce 6600, all now is fine
--
John Perry

http://www.redoak.co.uk
http://www.eze-buy.co.uk