Ebuyer's enotes

Old October 11th 05, 08:43 PM
jonny

Default Ebuyer's enotes

Is it worth me waiting to get a reply from an enote? I ordered some
goods off them, including 2 optical mice that they charged me for,
but never delivered. I sent them an enote telling them of this, they
auto-emailed me to say that enotes are currently taking 1 week to be
answered, that was exactly 2 weeks ago, my enote is still 'open'. The
mice only totaled a fiver, so if they get round to answering me then
I'll wait, but if they never do then I guess I'll have to brave their
phone system. I wondered what other experiences people had with their
enotes? I've been dealing with Ebuyer now for 4yrs, and this is the
first time I've ever had a problem, and I have to say they're not
dealing with it very well.
Old October 11th 05, 09:14 PM
Crossbow

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:43:54 GMT, jonny wrote:

Is it worth me waiting to get a reply from an enote? I ordered some
goods off them, including 2 optical mice that they charged me for,
but never delivered. I sent them an enote telling them of this, they
auto-emailed me to say that enotes are currently taking 1 week to be
answered, that was exactly 2 weeks ago, my enote is still 'open'. The
mice only totaled a fiver, so if they get round to answering me then
I'll wait, but if they never do then I guess I'll have to brave their
phone system. I wondered what other experiences people had with their
enotes? I've been dealing with Ebuyer now for 4yrs, and this is the
first time I've ever had a problem, and I have to say they're not
dealing with it very well.

If you ignored the countless warnings posted on this group and
elsewhere and decided to try to save a few bob, then you have only
yourself to blame.

Write it off, put it down to experience and shop with another vendor.
Some people though will never learn.

Old October 11th 05, 10:49 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

Crossbow wrote in message
[...]

Sound advice from Crossbow as allways -

"dealt with company for four years"
"one problem over £5 worth of kit"
"ditch them immediately"

Yup, quality advice.

Try phoning if you like, but in my experience, they eventually get around to
dealing with e-notes.

Need more info though - did you sign for delivery as 'Unchecked'?
If you didn't then it comes down to your word against theirs - however,
given the small sums involved, the likely outcome is they'll send you the
mice and give you a sweetener like a free delivery on next order by way of
apology.

BTW, please post back the eventual outcome - whenever that is and whatever
it is.
You'd be amazed how many folks come here and moan their faces off but then
*never* post the outcome.

Did you ever feel the need to post here about all the successful orders
ebuyer have given you over the past 4 years? no? Crossbow can never get his
head around the ratio of good to bad orders, and bases his whole hatred for
ebuyer on a few moans posted here over the years.

g.

Old October 11th 05, 10:52 PM
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Crossbow wrote in message
[...]

its rare i can ever afford to buy pc hardware, i need some now to be honest
but when i can afford it, ebuyer seem to be much cheaper, or have such a
range of items that are what i want but cant afford from other places, some
people dont have much choice.

Old October 12th 05, 12:06 AM
Trev

"Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" wrote in
message . uk...

Crossbow wrote in message
[...]

If you want to order from me and not receive them. I can be look cheaper
still.

Old October 12th 05, 06:55 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Fat Freddy's Cat
writes
Crossbow wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:43:54 GMT, jonny wrote:

Is it worth me waiting to get a reply from an enote? I ordered some
goods off them, including 2 optical mice that they charged me for,
but never delivered. I sent them an enote telling them of this,

snip
Need more info though - did you sign for delivery as 'Unchecked'?
If you didn't then it comes down to your word against theirs

You're asking whether the OP signed for the delivery he didn't receive.

hmmm!

--
dave @ stejonda

Beyond the farmyard the wind in the trees.
Old October 12th 05, 08:19 AM
jonny

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:49:29 +0100, "Fat Freddy's Cat"
wrote:

[...]

Try phoning if you like, but in my experience, they eventually get around to
dealing with e-notes.

I'll leave it a while longer, and see.

Need more info though - did you sign for delivery as 'Unchecked'?

No, I didn't.

If you didn't then it comes down to your word against theirs - however,
given the small sums involved, the likely outcome is they'll send you the
mice and give you a sweetener like a free delivery on next order by way of
apology.

I think I know why they didn't send them. They were listed as being in
stock when I ordered them, but when they didn't arrived, I checked
online to see that they were then 'awaiting stock' and later it
changed to 'unavailable'. But I don't understand why they haven't
contacted me if this is the case.

BTW, please post back the eventual outcome - whenever that is and whatever
it is.

I will.

You'd be amazed how many folks come here and moan their faces off but then
*never* post the outcome.

Did you ever feel the need to post here about all the successful orders
ebuyer have given you over the past 4 years? no? Crossbow can never get his
head around the ratio of good to bad orders, and bases his whole hatred for
ebuyer on a few moans posted here over the years.

I've always had good service from Ebuyer, and I hope this get's
resolved. I not too concerned about the fiver, but if they diddled me
for it, then I could never order from them again.
Old October 12th 05, 08:24 AM
Fat Freddy's Cat

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in
message ...
In message , Fat Freddy's Cat
writes
Crossbow wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:43:54 GMT, jonny wrote:

Is it worth me waiting to get a reply from an enote? I ordered some
goods off them, including 2 optical mice that they charged me for,
but never delivered. I sent them an enote telling them of this,

snip
Need more info though - did you sign for delivery as 'Unchecked'?
If you didn't then it comes down to your word against theirs

You're asking whether the OP signed for the delivery he didn't receive.

hmmm!

--

Quote from OP -
"ordered some goods off them, including 2 optical mice"

Seems clear to me that 2 mice were missing from a larger order.

hmmmm.

g.

Old October 12th 05, 08:25 AM
Fat Freddy's Cat

"jonny" wrote in message

I've always had good service from Ebuyer, and I hope this get's
resolved. I not too concerned about the fiver, but if they diddled me
for it, then I could never order from them again.

fair enough!

:0)

g.

Old October 12th 05, 09:02 AM
James Grabowski

Fat Freddy's Cat wrote:

Crossbow wrote in message
[...]

If you phone you'll likely have to wait about 15 minutes so for £5 I'd
wait for the enote to be answered.

Need more info though - did you sign for delivery as 'Unchecked'?

It doesn't matter. When someone checks the enote they'll just ask if he
wants a refund or them resent. For a more expensive item checks would be
done but signing it as unchecked only affects damaged in transit claims.

James