Adding a new cdr drive changed letter names and drive name?

Old December 10th 07, 03:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
psongman

Default Adding a new cdr drive changed letter names and drive name?

HI, I went to burn my new cd I recorded after I had installed a new
Liteon burner last week. Wow, it gave me the only option of burning on
the other cd drive that is just an Atapi cdrom one. Strange.

However, all the rest of the info worked, so I just burned the CD with
the one offered at 12X and all went OK, until Nero crashed, and ruined
my session, but that is another story.

So, I guess what I am asking is. I do know how to change the drive
letter, but will that also change the name also. I will add a small
scene here to explain.

When I am in Nero and have added the wav files to a session then I go
to Burn area, it says that I can burn on that drive that doesn't
burn,

drive: Atapi CD something or other

but the Liteon LT526 was not an option, so will the drive letter
reassignment fix all this? I don't like to take chances, esp. with
this audio cd making, thanks for helping, psongman
Old December 10th 07, 04:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj
http://tinyurl.com/gqnae
http://tinyurl.com/2qnvph
http://tinyurl.com/38wte6

(No Mikey S-Lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above is a )
(LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have PROOF of libels & misquotes!)
'

psongman wrote:

[...]

IIRC, Nero keeps the drive configuration in the registry and that
information may not get updated when you change drive configuration. If
I were you, I would uninstall Nero, change the drive configuration to
the way you want, and then reinstall Nero.

Use Nero CleanTool to uninstall Nero:
http://www.nero.com/enu/support-nero...utilities.html
Old December 10th 07, 08:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Dave Cohen

psongman wrote:
[...]

Probably not, you need to determine why Nero isn't offering that drive
as an option. Does it show in 'My Computer'. The os makes a difference.
Winxp will auto detect. It does help to supply all relevant information
when asking a question.
Dave Cohen
Old December 10th 07, 11:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
psongman

HI, well, followed everyone's excellent directions and it still came
up with

Atapi CDR DH52R2P cdrom

OK,

Old December 10th 07, 11:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
psongman

HI, I followed everyone's excellent directions and it still said the
drive to burn on was

Atapi CDR DH52R2P cd drive

I guess I should have noticed the 52, in the name, but, and this makes
me mad

The drive reads Liteon LT526 all over my computer. This is the reason
users have to ask all these questions. How come they don't say they
are the same drive? They have completely different titles.

If someone could explain some of these anomalies, I would appreciate
it...as this is why I get so frustrated trying to work with computers.
Someone in the hardware and software realm doesn't realize that if one
is trying to be safe and do an install and a utilize correctly that
these misunderstandings will occur. Thanks for assisting, psongman

Old December 11th 07, 02:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
psongman

OH NO, had someone help me, that Atapi Drive is a regular one, not a
burner. How can this keep happening? Why does Nero only let me use
this drive and it is not one that can burn CD's.

All this is very perplexing, someone has designed something that
doesn't mesh in this using of drives, i.e. in their naming,
designation, and usage. Please help me if you can as I want to get
this sorted out. Do I have to change some setting somewhere, if so,
please advise, thanks, psongman

Old December 11th 07, 03:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

psongman wrote:

OH NO, had someone help me, that Atapi Drive is a regular one, not a
burner. How can this keep happening? Why does Nero only let me use
this drive and it is not one that can burn CD's.

All this is very perplexing, someone has designed something that
doesn't mesh in this using of drives, i.e. in their naming,
designation, and usage. Please help me if you can as I want to get
this sorted out. Do I have to change some setting somewhere, if so,
please advise, thanks, psongman

Have you done what I told you to do?
Old December 11th 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
psongman

Yes, I uninstalled Nero, all instances, even used Nero cleaning tool.
Decided to use the Nero 7 Essentials that came with the burner,
installed, all went fine.

Then, I decided to make a Nero session file, did so, went to burn and
it still says Atapi as burning drive ( which is the one that is read
only). I tried it in Adobe Audition also. So, that confirms that
somehow the drive letter must be telling the software that this is the
drive to use. So, must I change the drive letter or what. By the way,
I also went into BIOS and it said LiteOn LTN526 is Master, Atapi is
the slave, all hooked up, all working, even drivers, so should I
leave it alone.

The only thing that scares me is it seems that the software is
searching the hardware for the device and can't even discern that the
Atapi is a read only device, whew, if that doesn't make Microsoft and
other software engineers turn over in their graves, then their designs
are futile. Hope I can get it looking and working properly. Thanks for
assisting, psongman

Old December 11th 07, 08:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

psongman wrote:

[...]

What Windows are you using?

What are the drives listed: [Nero, Recorder, Choose Recorder]
If the burner is not listed, uninstall Nero using CleanTool.

Then go into the Device Manager and delete/uninstall all the cd drives.
When you reboot, Windows will reinstall the cd drives.

Then reinstall Nero and check to see if the burner is listed in [Choose
Recorder].
Old December 13th 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
psongman

I already did all this. Why do all the people in all these forums keep
saying stuff that you already did. This has happened in the last 3 or
4 threads I have started in Google and Home Recording.

I am going to spend some money and get to the bottom of this. I did
ask my local tech about it and he said that there is no way that a
read only drive could burn a cd. I read him the info on the drive and
burned a cd to show him and he was flabbergasted. He said, that is
just another instance that makes absolutely no sense, unless the
drives have somehow renamed themselves, which actually is the only
answer, now that I reflect upon it.

Anyway, I have done all that others have suggested. I think I will
just undo the drive's letters and see if that corrects it, if not,
will burn on my read only Atapi and send the contents to Uncle Billy
G. and see what he says about how well Windows works, eheh, thanks
though, p