Epson R260 printing green, losing reds!

Old September 7th 07, 06:06 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
psongman

Default Epson R260 printing green, losing reds!

HI, before I print any more of my CD covers, I need your help. I was
printing out my CD booklets and the first batch came out good.

Now, I printed on my CD's, then switched over to printing the
aforementioned covers. I used really good photo paper but it came out
greenish and the red of the lion came out a bit orange, not as reddish
as the first batch. This is quite noticeable, so I need your
assistance.

I did have a bit of trouble with the first photo paper getting caught
in the printer slightly. I always mention these little things as often
a helper says, yes, that can do this or that. I use the photoenhance
with the text as there are titles along with the pics, OK? Will stop
now, and await your expertise. Appreciate it, psongman

Old September 7th 07, 11:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

psongman wrote:
HI, before I print any more of my CD covers, I need your help. I was
printing out my CD booklets and the first batch came out good.

Now, I printed on my CD's, then switched over to printing the
aforementioned covers. I used really good photo paper but it came out
greenish and the red of the lion came out a bit orange, not as reddish
as the first batch. This is quite noticeable, so I need your
assistance.

I did have a bit of trouble with the first photo paper getting caught
in the printer slightly. I always mention these little things as often
a helper says, yes, that can do this or that. I use the photoenhance
with the text as there are titles along with the pics, OK? Will stop
now, and await your expertise. Appreciate it, psongman

What does the nozzle check look like, are all the colours present?
If not, then a couple of head cleaning cycles may fix the issue.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old September 8th 07, 12:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Do a nozzle check. It sounds to me that your darker density magenta
head is clogged or the cartridge ran low, could also be the lighter
magenta cartridge, depending upon how far off the colors are. The
darker magenta will make a larger difference if it is not printing that
color.

Art

Old September 8th 07, 05:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
psongman

Hi, yes, I don't do the nozzle check thingie because it uses up so
much ink. I guess it probably is that, because the first photo came
out OK. However, there is one of the cartridges that you mentioned
getting low in the status window.

I love this printer but it is really sensitive. When I first got it,
it wouldn't do have of the things I bought it for...but I was patient
and worked it out. Most Epsons are like this even my old Stylus Color
740. It seems if you don't get control over them early on they balk at
tasks. I heard that the chip in the, what is it called, eprom, esp. in
the R260 seems to remember all that goes on.

Well, thanks for the help, excuse please the Epson meandering. I
really want my CD to look professional that is why I elicited your
expertise. Will get back to the group if it gets ironed out, wrinkle-
wise, psongman

Old September 9th 07, 04:36 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

With some Epson printers you can do a nozzle check without running a
cleaning cycle just to check the status. If it is fine, then you don't
need to do a cleaning cycle. The nozzle check printing uses up very
little ink itself. If the nozzle check shows incomplete results, then
the first attempt should be to do one or two cleaning cycles to try to
correct that. If after the second one you are getting no improvement,
you may wish to try the methods discussed in my Epson Cleaning Manual,
which you can get without any charge from me directly. There are many
suggested maintenance items you can do to keep your printer working
better, and they require only some basic cleaning products that are very
inexpensive and you can find in your local grocery or druggist.

If you would like a copy (you will not be spammed by me) email me at:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

Art

Old September 10th 07, 04:34 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
psongman

HI, Arthur, thanks for the extended help. I don't think the heads need
cleaning, they have been working fine. I think that one cartridge is
low and maybe next time I use it all will be fine.

From my experience this hardware works differently ever time you turn

it off and turn it on. I could show you instance after instance when
that occurs. My other printer the Sylus Color 740 is the best piece of
computer equipment that I have ever purchased. However, I went through
a cycle there were is wasn't working quite right, found it, it was
just a bad cartridge. I will try a nozzle check tomorrow and get back
with the results. Right now, I am fixing up this used computer and it
consumes all my time. Thx again, psongman

Epson R260 user Jim[_6_] Printers 3 April 25th 07 01:44 PM
Epson R260 Jim[_6_] Printers 0 April 22nd 07 01:36 PM
Epson R220 vs R260 Carol V. Printers 45 October 15th 06 05:10 PM
Epson Stylus Photo 925 printing with green tint, colour cartridge says half full still.. eko Printers 18 October 28th 03 10:33 AM
Epson Stylus Photo 925 printing with green tint, colour cartridge says half full still.. eko Printers 0 October 21st 03 04:48 PM