upgrade advice

Old September 29th 06, 11:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
John Doe

Default upgrade advice

Conor wrote:

In article , Moods
says...
I have an athlon XP-M on an Abit NF-7, running at 11x200
(1,575v). Thinking about upgrading to something 939 as am2
requires me to buy new ddr2 mem. Is it worth the upgrade? I mean
what is the new bang for the buck,.. My budget is small, I will
need motherboard, processor and pci-x video card. Like to play
games now and then but not the newest. Any recomendations?

You can use an Asrock 939 Dual SATA2 motherboard which has both
PCI-e and AGP graphics slots.

I think that might be good advice, but be aware the upgrade to an
AM2 CPU using that mainboard (apparently revised... 939Dual-VSTA)
requires an extra card that might be difficult to find.

Old October 1st 06, 01:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
robin gordon

i had the system setup with 512 of ddr400 ram but i decided to take a chance
and upgraded to 1 Gig of ram. I noticed very little difference so i assumed
it was the spec of the card. Fortunately after a few days unplugged the
harddrive refused to boot so i had to reinstall the OS and my games.
What a difference. full settings of the highest of settings and it all runs
smoothly, even vista 5600 gives excellent results.

I'm a changed man.

Robin

Old October 22nd 06, 02:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wookie

If your CPU is not slowing you don today .. don't spend the extra cash to on
a new MB and RAM and a PCI video card. If you don't play many games and
don't do a bunch of photo editing, I'd stay with what you got. One of my
systems is an NF7, I also have an ANE-8, plus a couple of older machines
too. The NF7-S is a very fine MB. I'd stay pat and get a nice big Monitor
if you don't have one already.

--
http://moods.bashed.nl

Old October 25th 06, 10:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
mark

I'm upgrading too, is find the intel is more expensive isn't it?
"Wes Newell" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:52:30 +0200, Moods wrote:

I have an athlon XP-M on an Abit NF-7, running at 11x200 (1,575v).
Thinking about upgrading to something 939 as am2 requires me to buy new
ddr2
mem.
Is it worth the upgrade? I mean what is the new bang for the buck,..
My budget is small, I will need motherboard, processor and pci-x video
card.
Like to play games now and then but not the newest.
Any recomendations?

AMD X2 3800+ or Intel E6300. If you stay with a 939 MB, you could use your
old ram and video card. There's a few boards alos that have both AGP and
PCIe video slots. Either of these cpu's will overclock good.

Upgrade advice required SteveB General 5 November 23rd 05 09:54 AM
Looking for Upgrade Advice BRH Ati Videocards 8 November 19th 05 07:52 PM
Advice on upgrade (cpu/motherboard/gcard) Schrodinger General 5 July 26th 05 07:54 PM
system upgrade.. advice on video card please thesleepyone Nvidia Videocards 2 July 4th 05 12:36 AM
Upgrade advice needed... Gary I. Asus Motherboards 0 June 23rd 03 07:40 AM