HP LaserJet IID Registration shift

Old April 9th 04, 05:11 AM
jbuch

alan wrote:
Glad to see these printers not yet forgotten.
Please, can someone help me to correct a registration shift fault on my
LJIID.
I understand that a sticking registration relay is the likely cause. Is
this the same thing as the clutch release solenoid?
And if this is thought to be the cause, what is the easiest way to get to
it. And could I then get a replacement or repair it I wonder?
The first sheets seem Ok but subsequent sheets move down about half a cm.
I look forward to further news,
Alan, Bristol UK.

The usual fault is that a cushioning pad on the end of the relay is worn
down, and the adhasive on the back shows through. This adhesive causes
the relay to stick.

Repair number 1 - replace the adhesive attached pad using a needle nose
pliers. You have to take ooff the cover and remove the paper
registration assembly to get good access to the relays. I also just take
out the DC power supply to get my hands on the relays. Then, the removal
of the registration assembly isn't needed.

Go to www.printerworks.com for assembly illustrations. Make careful note
of all screws you take out and any electrical connectors you unconnect
so you can get it back together properly screwed and connected.

You can buy a kit from http://www.fixyourownprinter.com and it has a
video to guide you.

Repair number 2 -- like Repair number 1 but you eliminate the pad and
clean off the adhesive. You will hear clicking sounds when the relay
operates... the pad purpose was to eliminate the clicking sounds.

Repair number 3 --- like repair number 1. You improvise some kind of
pad and stick it in there. For example some of the adhesive pads for
corns or other foot problems can be made to work.

Don't forget about getting the screws and electrical connectors all back
in place.

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
Builds strong minds 12 ways.
Guaranteed satisfaction
- courteous money back
- keep bonus gifts

http://www.alicebook.com

Old April 9th 04, 05:50 PM
alan

"jbuch" wrote in message
alan wrote:
[...]

Many thanks, just done that and now Ok
I removed the registration assembly but see that the power supply removal
would have given better access to the relay.
I did Repair number 2 (no pad) but that did not work because magnetic
remnance held in the relay permanently after the first click. Temporally I
have inserted a square of thin card to stop that but it may wear away or
even fall out, but for now AOK.
Thanks again,
Alan.

Old April 10th 04, 04:18 AM
RWatson767

Alan
HP LaserJet IID Registration shif

Temporally I
have inserted a square of thin card to stop that but it may wear away or even
fall out, but for now AOK.hanks again,
Alan.

We have the same problem with our IIIs and IIIDs at times. We got some felt
stick-on pads at the Ace Hardware near us. They work well. Be sure and do
remove and clean the armature of the solenoid before affixing new pads.
Bob AZ