Old 486 packard bell - Windows 3.11 Problem need help, someone still have any knowledge on it?

Old July 7th 08, 04:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

Default Old 486 packard bell - Windows 3.11 Problem need help, someone still have any knowledge on it?

I dug out my old 486 packard bell computer to play some old classic
games on.

I have the original restoration CD, so I restored the system to
factory conditions, just like the original. DOS and Windows 3.1

The first thing I did was delete the Packard Bell navigator that loads
everytime you start Windows 3.11. It was annoying and I didnt want
it.

My question is this:

No whenever I start Windows, the program Manager is a minimized icon.
And I have to double click it to open it up.

On my other 486 Program Manager always loaded up right away when you
start WIndows.

How do I get Program Manager to load up maxamized when I start
Windows.

Now when I load windows I have to maximize program manager. And
everytime I restart windows, its the same deal. I want Program
Manager to load automatically upon Windows 3.11 startup.

I hope there are a few remaining 486 dinosaur users out there that can
help me with windows 3.11 please.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final

Old July 7th 08, 07:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

Please disregard my previous inquire.

Apparently all that needs to be done is within program manager, go to
OPTIONS and choose SAVE SETTINGS ON EXIT.

It's been too many years since I've used Windows 3.1, so I have to re-
learn.