Toner light

Old February 16th 13, 11:56 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Laurence

Default Toner light

The toner light on my Brother2140 flashes continuously.
I have replaced the cartridge & it prints ok but it still
flashes. Does it signify anything serious?
Laurence

Old February 16th 13, 02:20 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Laurence"

The toner light on my Brother2140 flashes continuously.
I have replaced the cartridge & it prints ok but it still
flashes. Does it signify anything serious?
Laurence

Could be a toner low sensor gone bad.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
Old February 16th 13, 05:19 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bennett

From: "Laurence"

The toner light on my Brother2140 flashes continuously.
I have replaced the cartridge & it prints ok but it still
flashes. Does it signify anything serious?
Laurence

Take a look at this thread:
http://forums.macresource.com/read.php?1,1039867

Old February 16th 13, 09:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

"Laurence" wrote:
The toner light on my Brother2140 flashes continuously.
I have replaced the cartridge & it prints ok but it still
flashes. Does it signify anything serious?
Laurence

The toner reset is performed by a little white flag in the toner cartridge.
Remove the toner and look at the left end. there is a little white flag in a
slot that is a part of a circle.
Was the new toner from Brother or is it remanufactured? If remanufactured then
that white flag should have been set to the correct end of the slot during the
refilling, if that was not done your printer will think that the cartridge has
not been replaced and the light will flash.
If the cartridge you have does not have a flag, but there is a slot where it
belongs then it was a starter cartridge (came with the printer) and will not
reset the printer.
The flag can be reset but that requires the left end of the cartridge to be
removed. If this was remanufactured I suggest you get a replacement from the
supplier.
Tony

Old February 17th 13, 10:57 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Laurence

"Tony" lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz wrote in message
news
"Laurence" wrote:
[...]

It's ok, it's stopped.
Laurence

Old February 17th 13, 02:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Laurence"

"Laurence" wrote:
[...]

I'm glad you got it sorted out and thanx for the update.

Old February 17th 13, 08:45 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

"Laurence" wrote:
[...]

Good news, thanks.

Tony