RS232 Printer Cable

Old September 25th 11, 04:55 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
hel

Default RS232 Printer Cable

RS232

Could someone help me with the pin out from RJ 45 to DB9 F for an
Epson POS Printer, TM-T20?

Your help is appreciated.
Helmut
Old September 25th 11, 12:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "hel"

RS232

Could someone help me with the pin out from RJ 45 to DB9 F for an
Epson POS Printer, TM-T20?

Your help is appreciated.
Helmut

The Epson TM-T20 is USB, use that.

RJ45 is Ethertnet and will not connect to a serial DB9 connector. RS232 Ethernet.

http://www.epson.com.au/businesssyst...s.asp?id=tmt20

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old September 25th 11, 07:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bennett

On 9/24/2011 8:55 PM, hel wrote:
RS232

Could someone help me with the pin out from RJ 45 to DB9 F for an
Epson POS Printer, TM-T20?

Your help is appreciated.
Helmut

Take a look at this site for some ideas:
http://www.ossmann.com/5-in-1.html
Old September 26th 11, 03:24 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
hel

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 07:04:18 -0400, "David H. Lipman"

From: "hel"

RS232

Could someone help me with the pin out from RJ 45 to DB9 F for an
Epson POS Printer, TM-T20?

Your help is appreciated.
Helmut

The Epson TM-T20 is USB, use that.

RJ45 is Ethertnet and will not connect to a serial DB9 connector. RS232 Ethernet.

http://www.epson.com.au/businesssyst...s.asp?id=tmt20

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

TM-T20 comes in two version; UBS and DB9 interface.

I have the DB 9 interface.

I use an RJ45 connector to connect to a Terminal which communicates
with RS232.

A have done this in the past but with DB25 and at worked well!

Regards
Helmut

Old September 26th 11, 03:28 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
hel

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 11:14:16 -0700, Bennett
wrote:

On 9/24/2011 8:55 PM, hel wrote:
RS232

Could someone help me with the pin out from RJ 45 to DB9 F for an
Epson POS Printer, TM-T20?

Your help is appreciated.
Helmut

Take a look at this site for some ideas:
http://www.ossmann.com/5-in-1.html

Hi Bennett,
Thank you for your reply.

I will have a look at the document but I have tried nearly any
possible pin out and still frustrated.

I will study your recommendation because you never know until you have
tried everything possible.

Thanks
Helmut

Old September 27th 11, 04:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Smallshaw

On 2011-09-26, hel wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

TM-T20 comes in two version; UBS and DB9 interface.

I have the DB 9 interface.

I use an RJ45 connector to connect to a Terminal which communicates
with RS232.

Unless you can be more specific then I'm afraid you're on your own.
There is no single standard for RS232 on RJ45. There is a recognised
standard in the form of TIA-561, and a (much more prelvalent) de
facto standard in the form of Yost, but still many manufacturers
do their own thing entirely.

If you can point us to a wiring standard for the terminal (or quote
the make and model - we could possibly find out from that) then
determining cable wiring is relatively straightforward. If not it
would be nothing more than a wild stab in the dark.

--
Andrew Smallshaw

Old September 27th 11, 05:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Smallshaw

On 2011-09-27, Andrew Smallshaw wrote:

If you can point us to a wiring standard for the terminal (or quote
the make and model - we could possibly find out from that) then
determining cable wiring is relatively straightforward. If not it
would be nothing more than a wild stab in the dark.

Looking around there is also very little documentation on the serial
interface. Is it a DCE or DTE wired device? A printer could be
either but the manual should say. If not we can make an educated
guess based on the gender of the printer's connector - is it a plug
or a socket?

--
Andrew Smallshaw

Old September 27th 11, 08:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Andrew Smallshaw"

On 2011-09-27, Andrew Smallshaw wrote:

If you can point us to a wiring standard for the terminal (or quote
the make and model - we could possibly find out from that) then
determining cable wiring is relatively straightforward. If not it
would be nothing more than a wild stab in the dark.

Looking around there is also very little documentation on the serial
interface. Is it a DCE or DTE wired device? A printer could be
either but the manual should say. If not we can make an educated
guess based on the gender of the printer's connector - is it a plug
or a socket?

Chances are it is a RJ45 socket. Unfortunately, it sounds like a RS-232 breakout box is
needed.

Old September 27th 11, 08:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Andrew Smallshaw

From: "Andrew Smallshaw"

On 2011-09-27, Andrew Smallshaw wrote:

If you can point us to a wiring standard for the terminal (or quote
the make and model - we could possibly find out from that) then
determining cable wiring is relatively straightforward. If not it
would be nothing more than a wild stab in the dark.

Looking around there is also very little documentation on the serial
interface. Is it a DCE or DTE wired device? A printer could be
either but the manual should say. If not we can make an educated
guess based on the gender of the printer's connector - is it a plug
or a socket?

Chances are it is a RJ45 socket. Unfortunately, it sounds like a RS-232 breakout box is
needed.

The printer is the 9 pin D connector. It it the terminal on RJ45.

--
Andrew Smallshaw

Old September 27th 11, 11:50 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Yianni[_3_]

A have done this in the past but with DB25 and at worked well!

If you have done it and it worked well, then it's simple. Take a look at
both DB25 and DB9 pinouts. And use the pinouts to make the new cable (DB25
is same as DB9, except it uses some additional signals and null pins).
http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/RS-232.html
Or use a DB25 to DB9 adapter.
Btw, RS232 and network are two totaly different connectors with totaly
different signals, and you cannot normaly connect each other in a normal pc.
In your case, I don't know how Epson uses the connectors.

Printer cable? Ron Hardin Dell Computers 13 April 9th 07 04:30 AM
Printer cable Desert Ed Printers 3 September 13th 06 09:35 PM
RS232 Device outpout to file instead of printer [email protected] Printers 1 May 10th 06 06:54 PM
No RS232 [email protected] General 1 October 31st 05 05:53 PM
Printer cable Martin Printers 5 September 13th 03 02:43 AM