Know anything about these guys?

Old November 14th 03, 09:48 AM
Octavio

Default Know anything about these guys?

I am thinking about a switch from Dell Hell and want a really fast and
dependable understated-looking gaming/video editing PC. Does anyone here
have any information on a company called Tasteecomputers.com? I think I saw
some posts in this newsgroup a while ago about them, but I can't find their
website, and I did a search and couldn't find anything. Is it another name?

Thanks
Octavio

Old November 14th 03, 02:39 PM
Christopher Muto

you probably mean tastycomputers.com who are not a member of the better
business bureau (bbb.org). reseller ratings has had 20 reviews posted on
them in the last six months which really is just 5 reviews in 4 separate
areas. of the 5 review dates in the last 6 months, 3 were posted on the
same day... aren't statistics wonderful? dell has over 605 reviews in the
same period and their rating is essentially the same as that of gateway that
has only 72 reviews in that same period. tastycomputer does not sell
monitors and only offer a 7 day money back warranty (and without the bbb.org
to act as mediator you best purchase on a credit card so you have some
recourse). after 7 days and up to 30 days they charge a 15% restocking
fee... their domain name was created on 2/14/2003. you see no mention of
their history on their site (it appears that they are brand new). they do
not offer a toll free number for tech support.

Old November 14th 03, 06:56 PM
lhorwinkle

I agree about the credit card part. But the BBB does not act as a mediator
in any case.

And I would not consider BBB membership to be a positive mark on a vendor.

The inclusion of the word BETTER is just a word, part of a fictitious name,
conveying no meaning or promise.

The BBB is not a consumer advocate. They represent businesses, not
consumers.

Old November 14th 03, 07:01 PM
BigJIm

customer service isn't to good at Dell. Made a call for a simple problem and
it took 45 minutes and various
hand offs to different techs to get it solved which they never solved. Then
while I was waiting I fixed the problem myself.
Simple networking deal, laptop to desktop. It appears that when you run xp
pro on the desktop and xp home on the laptop you still must insert the xp
pro into the xp home to get file and print sharing to work properly.

Old November 15th 03, 01:56 AM
Dave

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:56:23 -0500, "lhorwinkle"
wrote:

I agree about the credit card part. But the BBB does not act as a mediator
in any case.

And I would not consider BBB membership to be a positive mark on a vendor.

The inclusion of the word BETTER is just a word, part of a fictitious name,
conveying no meaning or promise.

The BBB is not a consumer advocate. They represent businesses, not
consumers.

Every complaint I've filed with the BBB has resulted in a fast and
satisfactory resolution of my problem.

Dave
Old November 15th 03, 04:47 AM
Octavio

:
: "Octavio" wrote in message
: news:qF0tb.146398$9E1.746785@attbi_s52...
: I am thinking about a switch from Dell Hell and want a really fast and
: dependable understated-looking gaming/video editing PC. Does anyone
here
: have any information on a company called Tasteecomputers.com? I think I
: saw
: some posts in this newsgroup a while ago about them, but I can't find
: their
: website, and I did a search and couldn't find anything. Is it another
: name?
:
: Thanks
: Octavio
:
:

Thanks for the information, Christopher. I found their site and had a
look-see. Looks pretty much like what I've been wanting to buy, as I have a
new 20' LCD monitor that I want to keep anyway. I saw their returns policy
at http://tastycomputers.com/legal.htm and it says a full refund for 30 days
and no mention of a restocking fee. They might have changed it recently.
Anyway, thanks for the corrected name. I'll probably e-mail them over the
weekend to get some more information. I did notice that one of their
resellerratings reviews was from a guy named Glenn who I remember as being a
Gateway guru back in the day when I had a Gateway, and he sounded happy with
them. Maybe I'll e-mail him over the weekend too.

Thanks
Octavio

Old November 15th 03, 05:08 AM
Octavio

: "Christopher Muto" wrote in message
: ...
: : SNIPreseller ratings has had 20 reviews posted on
: : them in the last six months which really is just 5 reviews in 4 separate
: : areas. of the 5 review dates in the last 6 months, 3 were posted on the
: : same day... aren't statistics wonderful? dell has over 605 reviews in
: the
: : same period and their rating is essentially the same as that of
gatewaySNIP

:
:
[...]
PS - If we're going to go by what resellerratings has to say, Dell has a lot
of reviews, but the average score is 2.47 on a scale of 1 to 10, and
Gateway's score is even worse at 1.00. Tastycomputers sounds promising if
they have a perfect 10.00 score, even if they are newer. I trust smaller
businesses more these days than the huge bloated ones. Hell, Michael Dell
was the new guy once upon a time, when he was hungry enough to care about
selling the top notch computers that we can only build ourselves or have
someone like Tastycomputers do now.

Old November 15th 03, 04:35 PM
Christopher Muto

i don't have an axe to grind with this new small outfit, but that return
policy has certainly changed over night and the 5 positive feedbacks on
reseller ratings make this entire thread extremely suspicious to me. for the
most part, people rarely give positive feedback about anything. reseller
ratings is where, by and large, people go to complain... so it is no
surprise to find that most companies have very low ratings there.... then
their is this 5 review rating (3 on the same day) for this tasty outfit...
and they are all perfect 10 scores... suspicious. i look up the site for
you, and read their site out of curiosity, and i read their return policy as
any reasonable consumer would, and then i posted my notes here... a day
later the return policy page has been updated? very, very curious... let
your common sense guide you. good luck.

ps. i suggest you print out that return policy page if you order, who knows
what it might say tomorrow

Old November 15th 03, 07:02 PM
Octavio

[...]
I've just left them a voicemail message about 5 minutes ago asking about
their returns policy. Since they're not open on the weekends, I'll update
you after talking with them.
Regarding the reseller ratings reviews, I'm a little confused about your
comment about 3 reviews on the same day. From what I see, none were on the
same day, but on 8/2, 9/7, 9/22, 9/27 and 10/7. I did look around
resellerratings a little while, and there are some respected companies with
very high scores, proving that that site isn't mainly used for complaints.
Anyway, I did notice another outfit called KC Computers when I was looking
at resellerratings. They sound interesting too.
Does anyone else have any experience with either tastycomputers.com or
kccomputers.com?

Thanks
Octavio