Screen Scrolling Problems

Old November 17th 03, 10:55 PM

Default Screen Scrolling Problems

I have a Compaq Presario 4090us with Windows Xp.... the problem I
am having lately involves scrolling through pages at a time in
whatever program I am using at the moment.. whether it be microsoft
word, Forte Agent, Eudora, Internet Explorer... all of a sudden
the screen will drop to the bottom of the page I am working on or am
viewing, and then back up and basically very erratic acting... its
is almost like somebody is controlling my mouse, with the scroll
button, I have cleaned my mouse, I have run spybot search and
destroy, I have cleaned up the computer, my virus programs is up to
date, no virus found I have defragged the Hd, uninstalled and
re-installed the mouse driver, installed a newer version of the
driver, but nothing seems to help I also run Zone Alarm pro as a
firewall, and nothing has changed in that recently I've lookked on the
Compaq/Hp website and have found nothing on this paticular problem,
anybody else have this problem or can help me, about the only other
thing I can think of is a just a reformat and re-install of the OS,
but I really don't want to do that right now, this problem started
about 3 weeks ago...... I also went through SyStem restore and the
only thing I installed was all the Windows Critical updates.... is it
possible one of those are screwy??.... Thanks to anybody that can
help..

Old November 21st 03, 03:35 AM
Packrat

wrote in message
[...]

My mouse scrolling problem was traced back to a stupid Windoze
Update on the driver which affects the mouse operation. The first rev
which came up, I foolishly downloaded, only to find that my external
M.S. mouse would not work, only the pad. OK, so I deep six that and
hide it from the "list" in Windoze Update. A month later the same one
comes up again, only *slightly* different. I should have gone with my
first instinct, because that has a weird scrolling problem associated
with it. Just say no to Microsoft / Compaq updates, imo.
if it ain't broke... etc....

- pack