Compaq Armada 7800 Info Please

Old October 11th 03, 07:43 PM
Seinman

Default Compaq Armada 7800 Info Please

I just bought a used 7800. I have 2 questions:

1.There are 2 volume control keys above the power switch on the chassis. How
are they controlled? Is it software? I cannot find software on the HP/Compaq
site that controls them, and they do not appear to adjust the volume.

2. It has an internal modem but no RJ11 port. Does this model have a
proprietary cable?

TIA

Old October 16th 03, 07:50 PM
Seinman

"Seinman" wrote in message
I just bought a used 7800. I have 2 questions:

1.There are 2 volume control keys above the power switch on the chassis.

How
are they controlled? Is it software? I cannot find software on the

HP/Compaq
site that controls them, and they do not appear to adjust the volume.

2. It has an internal modem but no RJ11 port. Does this model have a
proprietary cable?

TIA

Nobody own/owned one of these?

Old October 16th 03, 10:49 PM
BRG

"Seinman" wrote in
:

"Seinman" wrote in message
I just bought a used 7800. I have 2 questions:

1.There are 2 volume control keys above the power switch on the
chassis.

How
are they controlled? Is it software? I cannot find software on
the

HP/Compaq
site that controls them, and they do not appear to adjust the
volume.

2. It has an internal modem but no RJ11 port. Does this model
have a proprietary cable?

TIA

Nobody own/owned one of these?

Why not RTFM?

....which is readily available via this site:
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Select "See support and troubleshooting information"
Type Armada 7800 in the box
Click the button
On the next page select the model from the list

--
BRG
===
Old October 16th 03, 11:57 PM
Seinman

Why not RTFM?

Is it necessary to be abusive? I have read the manual, the answer is not in
it. Maybe you should read it.

Old October 17th 03, 12:43 AM
David

Because it is easier for him to pick his ass waiting for everyone else
to do his research

On 16 Oct 2003 21:49:26 GMT, BRG
wrote:

"Seinman" wrote in
:

Old October 17th 03, 01:31 AM
Seinman

Because it is easier for him to pick his ass waiting for everyone else
to do his research

Excuse me, I have done numerous amounts of research on this without an
answer. This is a question that seems can only be answered by personal
experience. ie. someone who owns this model with the factory settings.

Why not contribute something useful instead of making incorrect assertions?

Old October 17th 03, 10:22 AM
BRG

"Seinman" wrote in
:

Why not RTFM?

Is it necessary to be abusive?

I wasn't. Maybe you are being over-sensitive?

I have read the manual, the
answer is not in it. Maybe you should read it.

It's your problem not mine. I pointed you to a source of
information, but it's down to you to Read The Fine Manual.

Suggest you try asking in the relevant forum for Armadas at HP's
site as well.

--
BRG
===
Old October 17th 03, 11:16 AM
Seinman

Why not RTFM?

Is it necessary to be abusive?

I wasn't. Maybe you are being over-sensitive?

Actually the manual is not even on HP's site, what I have read is the
service manual which is there. I understand what you are saying, but what
does the "F" mean in "RTFM"?

Old October 17th 03, 11:48 AM
BRG

"Seinman" wrote in
:

Why not RTFM?

Is it necessary to be abusive?

I wasn't. Maybe you are being over-sensitive?

Actually the manual is not even on HP's site, what I have read
is the service manual which is there. I understand what you are
saying, but what does the "F" mean in "RTFM"?

Re-read my previous response.

--
BRG
===
Old October 17th 03, 12:18 PM
Seinman

Re-read my previous response.

Well if the "F" stands for fine, then I apologise, I was being
over-sensitive.

FA: 3 Compaq Armada M700 laptops - GREAT PRICE! FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA!!! TrueAmerican General 1 December 5th 04 06:20 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 3rd 03 04:09 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 1 August 7th 03 11:24 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 7th 03 04:22 PM
Compaq Armada 7800 will not start with battery Damien Compaq Computers 4 July 27th 03 10:48 AM