Blue Screen Of Death/DVD

Old November 16th 03, 05:42 PM
SSeaW

Default Blue Screen Of Death/DVD

Hi

I have never had issues before playing DVD's on my notebook now today all of
a sudden, I keep getting that 'blue screen'.

This is the message I get:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

TECH INFO:

*** STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XBFA4346A, 0XEEFF9A8C, 0X000000000)

*** ati3d1ag.dll - Address BFA4346A base at BF9FE000, Datestamp 3e87aa9a

It appears to be a ATI 3D driver, that much I can tell but I don't know how
to fix the problem. This has never happened before and I have the latest
drivers for my video card (ATI Radeon Mobility 7500).

My computer is a Compaq Presario 1525US notebook, Windows XP, P 4 2.4, 512
memory, 40GB harddrive, toshiba DVD drive, toshiba harddrive etc.

Can anyone help me out here? My warranty with Compaq has expired so they
will charge me if I call them.

Thanks.

Old November 16th 03, 08:38 PM
The Kruegers

Did you just recently update your ATI video driver (either manally or thru
Windows update)? If so, try "rolling back" to the previous driver. I have a
desktop with an ATI video card and had immediate problems since I downloaded
their latest driver. By going back to the old driver, it took care of my
problem.

Old November 16th 03, 09:22 PM
SSeaW

No, I hadn't done anything! Anyways I called Compaq about this and it has
taken hours to get this fixed and it still isn't fixed. Can anyone give me
a direct link for the latest drivers for the ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
graphics card for the presario 1525US notebook? Compaq's driver site has
like 8 of them listed for the 1525us notebook and it's confusing as hell.

Old November 16th 03, 11:39 PM
The Kruegers

http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
FYI: ATI's latest driver made my system crash - I had to revert back to the
old. Good luck!

Old November 17th 03, 02:25 AM
SSeaW

Hi thanks for your response but ATI no longer distributes drivers for
notebooks on their site! You have to get them from the company you bought
your noteook from. That was the first place I went too and was bumbed when
I discovered they no longer had them on their site.

Old November 17th 03, 02:29 AM
SSeaW

Since they do not list notebook drivers on their site, are you suggesting I
download the following: Windows XP - select "graphic driver" from the
second column and then select "Radeon Family" from the 3rd column? This
driver is called the "Catalyst Windows XP 3.9 Driver". The file size is
25MB. However this driver also includes "WDM Capture Driver", that is for
all in wonder cards that have a TV Tuner, obviously I don't have that since
I have a notebook.

Please respond ASAP. I still am sitting here with a HUGE screen because I
don't have any drivers on my notebook for this damn card.

Thanks.

Old November 17th 03, 04:04 AM
The Kruegers

You can just download the display driver at 7.9MB. You might want to check
Windows Update first... as it might provide you with a driver.

Old November 17th 03, 01:44 PM
SSeaW

You mean 7.9MB? And then also I would download the control panel which
is 12.5MB, correct?

Are you sure the "Catalyst" drivers are going to work with a mobile card?
No damage?

Thanks.