Scanner help: can not install any scanner : is it possible to repair "still image" , i.e. scanners, part of registry in Windows XP without new installation?

Old December 7th 03, 02:14 PM
Bart van der Wolf

Default Scanner help: can not install any scanner : is it possible to repair "still image" , i.e. scanners, part of registry in Windows XP without new installation?

"tah" wrote in message
Hello,
I have bought the 2rd scanner and alltogether I tried the 3rd scanner to
install and to use with WINDOWS XP Home edition, but the scanner part of

my
registry must be destroyed:

The CANON LIDE 50 Scanner at the USB bus was found, but when I call the
scanner driver , the scanner is not found (cable not connected, but it is
connected, and using another PC the same scammer functions well!) ,

Have you followed the recommendations to first install the software before
connecting? If not, remove the software, clean the registry from references
you can find (make a backup, and rename the references so it's easy to undo
the change). Also make sure you only have one scanner on USB, and you might
try removing other USB devices during the install.

and the
HP scanner driver at the parallel port can not even be installed

correctly,
because the registry entries from the inf file of the HP scanner are not
found changed after setup in the registry.

Is the driver XP compatible? Always update to the latest driver version
before attempting a new install.

SNIP
Has anybody similar problems with scanner using Windows XP??

Not that it will help you, but no I have no difficulties. Scanners are on
USB, FireWire and SCSI.

Has anybody a tip or an advice how to repair the registry manually or by a
program available??

Although probably too late now, don't forget to make a restore point before
attempting an installation of new software.
Perhaps a system restore point was made before you started, try restoring to
that state. If not, it may be hard to remove everything. Any way, start with
the "Software" keys and rename or remove the Canon references.