looking for parts

Old April 1st 09, 04:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mickey[_2_]

Default looking for parts

Arthur Entlich wrote:
Thanks for the heads up.

I also received a few links for sources for possible replacement gears.

Looks like a few possible solutions.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

John Keiser wrote:
The topic of repairing gears was discussed just a few weeks ago in
sci.electronics.repair. You might find the hints helpful since you
seem up to the challenge.

I didn't catch to original post so maybe I'm way off base. Art you're
located in Canada aren't you? Anyway, are there "Good Will" stores
close by? Our local stores always has a good supply of use computer
hardware including numerous printers. If you have something similar
nearby, maybe you could find a similar model with salvageable parts.
Typ printer cost is about $10.

Mickey
Old April 1st 09, 10:56 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
NotMe

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message
: Thanks for the heads up.
:
: I also received a few links for sources for possible replacement gears.
:
: Looks like a few possible solutions.
:
: Art
:
Look for a gear the right size and number of teeth. It is possible to hand
tool one to fit. The only caution is that there is often a material match.
ex mixing aluminum and brass gears is not wise. likewise hard steel and
pewter

Old April 2nd 09, 03:51 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Inkjet101

Arthur Entlich wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.

I also received a few links for sources for possible replacement gears.

Looks like a few possible solutions.

Art

Please keep us informed on the sources you find for replacement gears.

BTW, I recently purchased a used non-functional HP printer on Ebay for
$12.00-US including shipping! I've all ready used a few of the parts to
make some repairs on my good HP printer.
Old April 6th 09, 04:27 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
gr

Arthur Entlich wrote:
I am trying to save my laser photocopier, which is in need of a silly
gear which broke a tooth. I thought it was probably worth a go here.

The printer/copier is a Xerox (made by Sharp apparently) WorkCentre XE
Series. The part I need is part of the replaceable drum unit, which is
drum number 13R553, and is supposed to work in the XE60/62/80/82 models.

The drum I have is actually fine, but one of the gears in the drum unit
needs to be replaced, so if you happen to have an old one floating
around, even if the drum is ruined, it could help me. The drum unit is
supposed to be good for 18K prints, but from how it is constructed I
doubt it ever gets there.

The drum unit costs more than the whole printer to replace now, and I
would hate to have to discard this printer/copier because of a 10 cent
plastic gear.

Any help, suggestions, etc. would be very much appreciated.

Please email me privately at:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

if you have anything to help.

Art

Send a photo and model to the guys at printerworks.com , they might
just be able to match it up. In my dealings with them they actually know
what they are doing.
gr