Compact A3 duplex? - size matters!

Old April 12th 09, 04:59 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default Compact A3 duplex? - size matters!

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:31:13 -0700, IntergalacticExpandingPanda wrote:

On Apr 11, 12:44Â*pm, measekite wrote:

It is obvious that you can place paper in the printer so that either side
takes ink but the term manual duplex is just a marketing term that means
nothing.

It's not a conspiracy. I know the canon driver supports automatic
duplex as well as manual duplex. It says so right there. It's a
handy feature.

It's less of a marketing term and more of a term to describe the
action that is less cumbersome than saying manual flipping or printing
odds and evens.

Arthur Entlich does have a point where misfeeds are an issue with
manual duplex. On inkjet drytime and speed are an issue with auto
duplex.

No issue at all. The time is variable.
Old April 12th 09, 03:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
FBonWin7RC1x64

measekite wrote:
On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 02:07:10 -0700, Arthur Entlich wrote:

There is one issue with so-called "manual duplex" which can be a real

In reality there is not such thing as manual duplex.

Maybe not in your little useless brain.

A machine will
either print on both sides subject to the print command or not.

I guess you've not read many printer manuals huh?
Figures! You're nothing but a fukkin idiot moron POS loser.

It is obvious that you can place paper in the printer so that either side
takes ink but the term manual duplex is just a marketing term that means
nothing.

Amazing how you like to prove just how ignorant, dumb and stupid you
really are to the entire world.
Get lost idiot!

hassle, and that is the darn thing misfeeds, either adding a blank page
during the printing of the first side, or double feeding two pages on
the second side run. It unfortunately happens often enough to make for
a real headache.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

IntergalacticExpandingPanda wrote:
On Apr 10, 6:15 am, wrote:
yeah, manual duplex would be the go, it would depend on if the
software (print driver) offers an easy 'print even' or 'print odd'
pages, because choosing to print '1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,.....' and so on
for 2 or 3 60 page newspapers would be a tedious after a couple of
mornings!
1,3,5...99
2,4,6...100

I'll grant you it's tedious, but not as tedious as all that. If you're
printing PDFs then the driver will have the option for odds and evens.
It's pretty much a non issue.

http://www.wally.com/jumpCh.asp?
idUser=0&idChannel=38&idLang=IT&idProd=65 'cept change the german
flag for a british one, as the owner has changed
I like the cherry wood. Is that vinyl, ply, or solid?

If you can't find a true a3, modifying the boat is really the ideal
solution. It's not what you want to hear, and matching that cherry
would be a pain, but at the very least the boat was produced within the
past decade. You can ask them where the wood came from.

I'm looking at the layout and it looks like that navigation station is
at least 30 inches wide. Is there an issue with the cabinet? I think
navigation as a printer would be handy to get charts.

Though for space considerations, I have to revisit a PC. I'm looking
at the main saloon table. Replace table with recessed screens oriented
portrait and use laptop motherboards. This could be done in
fiberglass or ply easily enough with a reinforced steel bottom. The
height would likely be increased by 1/2 inch or so, and one would have
to get creative about the air cooling, perhaps beveled outlet and
inlets or better still that post looks like it's at least 6 inches,
motherboards and drives mounted on half pipes inside.

I say this because not only do you have the big ass printer at about 24
inches, but you want at the very least how many sheets of a3 paper on
board? 1000 if you'll be printing 100 sheets daily. That's easily
the volume of two laptops.

But so far for printers we have

a3+ Canon i9100 [no duplex AFAIK] older close fit a3+ HP Officejet
K7100 [printer meet hull]