1 Gig P3 on SE6 MB not working

Old August 19th 03, 09:22 AM
Matt

Default 1 Gig P3 on SE6 MB not working

I have a SE6 V1 MB that has been running a 933 P3 ok, but not able to use a
1G P3, from the number on the Intel site the and the Abit latest bios this
should not be a problem.. what am I missing.

I tried this on a SE6 V2.1 MB too... with the same results... just dead on
power up...

Thanks..
Matt

Old August 24th 03, 03:49 PM
Matt

No CPU is good works on Intel mainboard on the SE6 just dead during the boot
never gets to POST test

"Homie" wrote in message
It should work fine on either board, are you sure the cpu is good....is it

missing any
pins ?

Homie

--
Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

http://motherboardrepair.com

Old September 11th 03, 05:27 AM
D & B

Please read the post.............

See original post.

Memory problems aren't in the original post !!!

"John Lewis" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 04:22:30 -0400, "Matt"
wrote:

I have a SE6 V1 MB that has been running a 933 P3 ok, but not able to use

1G P3, from the number on the Intel site the and the Abit latest bios

this
should not be a problem.. what am I missing.

I tried this on a SE6 V2.1 MB too... with the same results... just dead

on
power up...

Thanks..
Matt

Please read your SE6 manual................

See Page # 1-2 and page #2-2, Section 2-3 !

The 815E chip-set only supports up to 512Meg total memory !!!
Maximum memory per Bank is 256Meg. This applies to all versions
of the SE6.

You may be fortunate enough to have each of your 512 Meg
memories split into 2 banks on the DIMM. In which case
1 stick alone should work just fine. If it does not work, consult
the DIMM manufacturer's data-sheet to see if it is 1 bank
or 2.

If you are running any MS operating system other than
XP, NT or 2000 consider this 512Meg limitation a virtue, as
there are major functional problems requiring OS band-aids
for RAM in excess of 512Meg.

John Lewis

mb working and not working!! General 5 October 24th 04 06:11 PM
Keyboard stopped working News Groupie General 0 May 2nd 04 10:38 AM
LITEON's dark secret? No Longer a LiteOn Customer Homebuilt PC's 49 April 15th 04 04:41 AM
CD drives not working Murdoc General 4 March 8th 04 10:20 PM
modem not working joe le taxi Homebuilt PC's 1 August 1st 03 03:17 PM