Print cartridges

Old March 3rd 11, 04:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
SC Tom

Default Print cartridges

"Frank" wrote in message

I tried to find it but believe new printers come with lower capacity print
cartridges and according to this article:
http://www.streetdirectory.com/trave..._capacity.html
Newer printers use cartridges with less capacity.
I have personally seen an ink recipe for print cartridges and the ink
ingredients were not expensive. The printer manufacturers are screwing
us.

I'm aware of that. Generally, I've found with the HP and Canon inkjet
printers I've had that they are between half and three quarters full when
new. Friends of mine seemed to think Lexmark printers had cartridges with
less than half a load when new.
It's called capitalism :-) They'll make as much of a profit as the market
will give them. I think the first company to come out with a quality printer
with a low cost quality replacement cartridge will make more money in the
long run than the current ones. Of course, their ad campaign will have to be
phenomenal.
The comparisons I was making was on the full sized replacement cartridges,
not with the included cartridges in a new printer.
--
SC Tom

Old March 3rd 11, 05:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

http://www.streetdirectory.com/trave...ters/ink_cartr...
[...]

I have nothing against capitalism and profits, in fact, I'm in favor
of it.
But, I try to get top value for my money, even people I do work for.
I've got 3 HP printers in the house, one belonging to someone I
consult for, and, I've even used reconditioned cartridges for them in
spite of the fact that they reimburse me.

Frank