Quadro FX3000 with 30 inch monitor?

Old April 23rd 08, 01:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Michael Krzepkowski

Default Quadro FX3000 with 30 inch monitor?

Hi,

I have an IBM Intellistation Z-Pro with the FX 3000 card.
Current IBM/Nvidia driver shows the max resolution as 1600x1200.

Is there any way to use this card to drive either single or dual link
30 inch monitor at 2560x1200 or is it time to upgrade?

TIA

Michael
Old April 23rd 08, 01:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

Michael Krzepkowski wrote:
Hi,

I have an IBM Intellistation Z-Pro with the FX 3000 card.
Current IBM/Nvidia driver shows the max resolution as 1600x1200.

Is there any way to use this card to drive either single or dual link
30 inch monitor at 2560x1200 or is it time to upgrade?

TIA

Michael

The FX3000 is supposed to have a dual link DVI port. I don't know what
the card you have looks like, but some that have two DVI ports only have
a dual link transmitter available on one port (usually primary). Also
be sure your DVI-I cable is indeed dual link; it should have a full grid
array of pins with no gap in the middle (see this article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:D...tor_Types.svg).

Barring all that, if a monitor doesn't transmit its EDID info properly
via DVI, then you can either force custom resolutions in the NVIDIA
panel, or install your monitor from the manufacturer's .inf file, which
contains all the resolutions and refresh rates available (as well as a
color ICM most of the time). This is usually called a monitor "driver".

Old April 25th 08, 08:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* DaveW:

Sorry, but you have to upgrade if you want to use the 30" LCD monitor.

So you're still a stupid cluesless prick? Don't talk about things you
don't know **** about.

Benjamin
Old April 25th 08, 08:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* Michael Krzepkowski:

I have an IBM Intellistation Z-Pro with the FX 3000 card.
Current IBM/Nvidia driver shows the max resolution as 1600x1200.

As often discussed here, the Nvidia drivers don't list widescreen
resolutions if no widescreen monitor is connected.

Is there any way to use this card to drive either single or dual link
30 inch monitor at 2560x1200 or is it time to upgrade?

Yes, sure. Unlike what this idiot DaveW says the Quadro FX3000 runs
totally fine with a 30" display. Just be aware that it's 3D performance
is lacking for most 3D application running with decent speed at these
resolutions.

Benjamin
Old April 26th 08, 12:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
* DaveW:

Sorry, but you have to upgrade if you want to use the 30" LCD monitor.

So you're still a stupid cluesless prick? Don't talk about things you
don't know **** about.

Benjamin

Plus he's a consistent stupid clueless prick. Of the 20 or so "DaveW" gems
I can recall, I think he's been right 1 time.

Old April 26th 08, 02:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Augustus wrote:
"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
* DaveW:

Sorry, but you have to upgrade if you want to use the 30" LCD monitor.

So you're still a stupid cluesless prick? Don't talk about things you
don't know **** about.

Benjamin

Plus he's a consistent stupid clueless prick. Of the 20 or so "DaveW" gems
I can recall, I think he's been right 1 time.

He's consistently wrong to the point that he must know the right answer,
at least out of the correct posts that people the time and effort to supply.

DaveW, you might think what you are doing is harmless, or maybe you are
actively trying to harm, either way....look at the state of the world
today, how much unease and doubt...is your needed contribution going to
be intellectual **** that everyone else has to clean up? Even infants
grow out of that stage.

Please, stop. If you can't stop, why can't you? If you wont, why won't you?
Old April 27th 08, 02:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* Mr.E Solved!:

DaveW, you might think what you are doing is harmless, or maybe you are
actively trying to harm, either way....look at the state of the world
today, how much unease and doubt...is your needed contribution going to
be intellectual **** that everyone else has to clean up? Even infants
grow out of that stage.

Please, stop. If you can't stop, why can't you? If you wont, why won't you?

As much as I agree with you, I'm sure that a standard office plant is
more susceptible to your words and common sense than DaveW.

Benjamin
Old April 27th 08, 05:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Benjamin Gawert wrote:
* Mr.E Solved!:

DaveW, you might think what you are doing is harmless, or maybe you
are actively trying to harm, either way....look at the state of the
world today, how much unease and doubt...is your needed contribution
going to be intellectual **** that everyone else has to clean up? Even
infants grow out of that stage.

Please, stop. If you can't stop, why can't you? If you wont, why won't
you?

As much as I agree with you, I'm sure that a standard office plant is
more susceptible to your words and common sense than DaveW.

Benjamin

But even that bytch Pandora had enough sense to keep to box open.

Hope springs eternal!

how much ram for 19 inch tft monitor? Jaap Telschouw General 5 December 15th 06 07:58 PM
19 inch monitor William Dell Computers 2 October 10th 05 06:35 PM
Do Quadro cards (FX3000) aslo support DirectX 9x and hence will be able to play games? Luke Piasecki Nvidia Videocards 0 October 20th 04 06:48 AM
Is geForce 6800 GT spec-wisely the same as quadro FX3000 ? Luke Piasecki Nvidia Videocards 0 October 20th 04 06:47 AM
geForceFX5900 to Quadro FX3000, i.e. where can I find SoftQuadro for geForceFX 5900 Luke Piasecki Nvidia Videocards 1 December 22nd 03 09:48 PM