Q: Why don't desktops us mobile cpus?

Old January 2nd 06, 11:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Default Q: Why don't desktops us mobile cpus?

"Gargravarr" wrote in message
.. .
I can only guess, but if you're lighting your whole house with a coupla
hundred watts then either your house is *very* small or you're walking
around it in the f**kin' dark like you are in this NG.
"That's huge" ? You idiot.

You're the idiot walking around in the dark, obviously unable to add or
multiply. One energy saver is 13 watts at most, some are 7 watts i believe.
For 200 watts I can have 15+ light bulbs running, which is about the total
number of lights in my 4 bedroom home. I'd never have every globe running at
once so I'm probably lighting my house with 100watts.

Michael

Old January 2nd 06, 11:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

"kony" wrote in message
It is fairly easy to do it. Except for a reading area,
one's eyes generally acclimate fine to lower wattage light,

I'd be lighting my entire house with 200 watts and it's definately not dark.
Those 13watt energy savers light a normal sized bedroom on their own quite
well. The larger rooms would have 2.

a couple bulbs in fairly unrestricted fixtures can light a
room fine, maybe 4 per large room, so with 14W per CCFL
"bulb",

It would be like a supermarket with 4! :-)

Michael

Old January 2nd 06, 11:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

"ISOHaven" wrote in message
Except those numbers are coming from LAPTOP components.

No, it was a desktop motherboard and desktop power supply, NOT laptop.

I think you are trying compare apples and oranges. I seriously doubt you
could run a Pentium M mainboard/CPU along with DESKTOP COMPONENTS on a 60W
power supply.

That's what the site said.

Is your source trying to specify that a specific 60W is needed for only
the processor? Or for the "mobile" system (assuming laptop parts)?

I believe you needed a low power hdd and CD also.

Michael

Tuning NF7-S and Athlon Mobile 2600+ for images and audio / low energy use [email protected] Overclocking AMD Processors 7 March 22nd 05 05:24 PM
Mobile desktops? Veritech Overclocking 2 February 7th 05 11:04 PM
Gigabyte GA-8IDML with mobile CPU? Cuzman Overclocking 1 December 8th 04 09:20 PM
AMD MObile CPUs? Krell Overclocking 3 April 12th 04 03:56 PM
Different mobile processors??? Henry Intel 7 September 16th 03 12:48 AM